Director of Individual Giving
Director of Individual Giving
The Director of Individual Giving will report to the Vice President of Development and will be responsible for developing and implementing Boston Harbor Now’s Annual Giving and Membership Programs leveraging direct mail and online strategies to increase annual revenue. The Director will have the responsibility of annual fund renewals and upgrades, annual acquisitions, overseeing accurate and timely data input, coordinating annual stewardship activities and conducting all follow-ups. The successful candidate will have a track record of advancing an annual giving and/or membership program including direct mail, acquisition, data analytics, and outsourced resources.
- Develop and set strategy for The Harbor Fund, the Annual giving program (gifts $1 – $9,999) through communications, strategies, implementation, and stewardship that will grow annual individual revenue, working collaboratively with other program areas to advance fundraising goals.
- Work with the Vice President of Development to increase donor acquisition, retention, and upgrade gifts based on Annual Fund best practices (including mailed appeals, regular digital communications, and more) paired with data analysis and use of communications and social media tools.
- Write compelling messages, execute direct mail and digital solicitations, and develop content for the Annual Fund.
- Monitor revenue and expenses related to Individual Giving on a quarterly basis, and prepare regular reports on all appeal activities
- Develop, coordinate and set strategy for individual and corporate annual membership programs including renewals, acquisitions, communications, and member correspondence.
- Work with internal departments and external partners to execute and fulfill membership program benefits.
- Build relationships with top annual fund donors and individual and corporate members to further their engagement with Boston Harbor Now; cultivate, solicit and close gifts of up to $10,000 including face-to-face solicitations when possible for individuals and up to $25,000 for corporate memberships.
- Working in tandem with the Vice President of Development and Manager of Special Events, identify major gift prospects and set strategy to cultivate, engage and move up the major gift pipeline.
- Work closely with Boston Harbor Now’s Communications team and fundraising colleagues to coordinate annual fund and membership communication calendars, messages, and design of messages and materials.
- Work closely with the Manager of Special Events to coordinate cultivation and stewardship events for annual fund and membership programs.
- Conduct analysis of annual fund giving and membership programs for purposes of maximizing ROI and building strategies for constant improvement.
- Maintain regular reporting and reconcile income reports with the Finance team.
- Participate in Boston Harbor Now’s events and programs, including those held on evenings and weekends.
- Assist the Vice President of Development to provide support when needed to the Board of Trustees and Board of Advisors for fundraising initiatives.
- Bachelor’s Degree.
- A minimum of 5-7 years of demonstrated success in working in and growing an annual fund/or membership program.
- Excellent verbal communication skills and proven writing skills, including experience in writing direct mail appeals, e-appeals, and e-newsletters as necessary.
- Familiarity with Salesforce database and GiveSmart/MobileCause giving platform, a plus
- Demonstrated experience securing gift commitments and developing relationships with prospects and donors
- Experience preparing timely, accurate, and comprehensive written reports and presentations is required. Special event experience highly desirable
- Ability to work well with all levels of internal management and staff, as well as independently
Experience with budgeting, planning and project administration
- Ability to handle diverse, simultaneous tasks, meet deadlines, and attend to follow-through
Evenings and weekends are sometimes required
How to Apply
Please send your resume/CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please use the Subject line “Director of Individual Giving Application (your last name)” in your email. No phone calls, please.
To apply for this job please visit www.bostonharbornow.org.