Operations & Lending Assistant
Operations & Lending Assistant
This is an entry-level Operations & Lending Assistant position in a successful, mission-driven community economic development organization serving Massachusetts. The Community Economic Development Assistance Corporation (CEDAC) is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer and encourages applications from candidates from diverse personal, cultural, and ethnic backgrounds. CEDAC will provide job-specific training as well as professional development opportunities.
CEDAC is a public-private organization which provides technical assistance and loans to community-based non-profit development organizations. CEDAC assists community development corporations, supportive housing nonprofits, and other non-profit developers to construct, rehabilitate, and acquire affordable housing. In addition, through its affiliate, the Children’s Investment Fund, CEDAC also assists non-profit child care centers to improve their facilities. Please visit our website at cedac.org for additional information about our work.
The Operations & Lending Assistant will join a diverse team of twenty-five employees, including an Operations team of three. The Operations team plays a critical role in helping CEDAC to carry out its mission to develop and preserve affordable housing and to support community-based economic development.
We are looking for:
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office and proven capacity to learn other computer applications as necessary.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Ability to exercise initiative, to work well under pressure as necessary, and to manage multiple projects simultaneously with minimal supervision required.
- Good written and oral communications skills.
- Previous office/reception or administrative experience in a professional office setting a plus.
- Interest in affordable housing or child care a plus.
- This position involves a hybrid work schedule that requires working on site at CEDAC’s office located at 18 Tremont Street in Boston several days per month. CEDAC provides computer equipment for working remotely from home.
- Associate degree or BA degree required.
- Prior direct experience may be substituted for college-level coursework or degree.
You will learn:
- How to perform regular reception and operations duties, including answering phones and providing administrative support for the rest of the staff.
- How to record and monitor loan compliance materials and identify issues of non-compliance.
- How to track and upload loan closing documents.
- How to complete audit confirmation requests from borrowers.
- How to research lending or asset management issues.
- And through general work exposure and specific professional development opportunities, learn about the fields of affordable housing, child care facilities, and community-based economic development in Massachusetts.
You will receive:
- Full-time starting salary in the range of $45,000 – $48,000, commensurate with experience.
- Excellent fringe benefit package, including health, dental, life, and disability insurance (please note that at the current time, CEDAC pays the full medical and dental insurance HMO premium for employees and their qualified dependents).
- Section 125 flexible spending account for medical and dependent care.
- 403(b) deferred compensation plan, vesting immediately.
- Three weeks paid vacation to start.
- Thirteen paid holidays.
- Three personal days.
- Twelve sick days.
- Flexible work schedule, if needed, due to COVID-19 pandemic.
Please send a resume and cover letter (telling us why you are interested in this position) no later than May 31, 2022 to firstname.lastname@example.org.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com