The Community Economic Development Assistance Corporation (CEDAC) is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer and encourages applications from candidates from diverse personal, cultural, and ethnic backgrounds. CEDAC will provide job-specific training as well as professional development opportunities.
CEDAC is a quasi-public state corporation that provides technical assistance and loans to community-based non-profit development organizations. The Children’s Investment Fund (CIF) is an affiliate of CEDAC, reporting to a separate board of directors.
The Program Assistant works as a member of CIF’s small team focusing on facility development for early childhood education and out-of-school time programs in Massachusetts. The scope of CIF’s work includes technical assistance, training, grant and loan programs, and advocacy and outreach on improving facilities for community-based programs serving low-income children. The Program Assistant reports to the Director of the Children’s Investment Fund.
- Assist with the preparation and distribution of materials for program trainings, presentations, and meetings as needed.
- Prepare agendas for and attend internal weekly meetings.
- Schedule and generate meeting requests among internal and external parties.
- Provide technical support to all external meetings as needed.
- Manage tasks, deadlines, and responses for external training programs.
- Provide administrative support for and attend an in-state annual 4-day training institute that requires overnight stay.
- Serve as primary contact and provide administrative and technical support to staff using document-sharing tools.
- Manage the organization’s mailing list database in coordination with technical support from CEDAC.
- Manage and create consultant lists of vendors. Research and network with Minority Business Enterprise firms to add to the list of vendors.
- Attend, record, and prepare meeting minutes for monthly Board meetings and all subcommittee meetings.
- Assemble Orientation Manuals for new members of the Board of Directors.
- Assist with assembling and sending board meeting materials for printing and working with our printing vendor to ensure the timely preparation and delivery of board books to the Board of Directors and staff.
- Communicate with childcare provider organizations as needed.
- Attend events with CIF staff.
Specific Tasks for Grant Programs
- Participate in planning and creating grant funding round materials.
- Assist with public and private grant funding round tasks such as organizing and participating in information sessions, taking notes, editing documents, and coordinating binder assembly and delivery of application reviews to outside agencies and staff.
- Coordinate and schedule meetings with external and internal parties for site visits.
- Assist with tracking consultant contracts and invoices against the program budget.
- Track funding requisitions from grantees.
- Perform other duties as directed or as needed.
- Previous administrative experience in a professional office setting.
- Previous administrative experience in community-based or other non-profit development organizations or public development finance agencies is a plus.
- Familiarity with the childcare field is a plus.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills required.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office and proven capacity to learn other computer applications as necessary.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Ability to work as a highly motivated team member is critical, as is a commitment to non-profit community development.
- Associates degree or Bachelor’s degree required.
- Prior direct administrative experience may be substituted for college-level coursework or degree.
- Ability to work a hybrid schedule at this time. CEDAC and CIF’s offices are located at 18 Tremont Street in Boston, but currently, due to COVID-19, staff are working remotely from their homes. CEDAC and CIF will provide computer and related equipment and supplies for working remotely.
In addition to a competitive salary, this position offers an impressive benefits package that includes:
- Full-time starting salary ranges from $50,000 – $52,000, commensurate with experience.
- Health, dental, life, and disability insurance (please note that at the current time, CEDAC pays the entire medical and dental insurance HMO premium for employees and their qualified dependents).
- Section 125 flexible spending account for medical and dependent care.
- 403(b) deferred compensation plan, vesting immediately.
- Three weeks of paid vacation to start.
- Thirteen paid holidays.
- Three personal days.
- Twelve sick days.
- Flexible work schedule, if needed, due to COVID-19 pandemic.
Please send a resume and cover letter (telling us why you are interested in this position) no later than June 30, 2022 to firstname.lastname@example.org.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com