Field Services Specialist
Field Services Specialist
CMB is a full-service custom market research and strategy firm based in Boston. As a Top 30 Insights & Analytics company, we’re known for our relentless business-decision focus and cutting-edge creativity. Our passion is helping the world’s leading brands engage, innovate, and grow. We leverage the best of advanced analytics, consumer psychology, and market strategy to tackle game-changing initiatives and business challenges for our clients.
What about our culture? Simply put, our people are our power. We have a diverse, inclusive and collaborative team of bright perspectives and curious minds. At CMB you’ll have plenty of opportunities to achieve your full potential. From learning new skills, expanding your expertise, and continuing to advance your professional development, you will feel supported and valued.
Our benefits say a lot about how much we value our employees: we offer a fully paid sabbatical, a $250 wellness stipend, paid time off to volunteer, generous medical plans, a 401k match, and more. Every employee also gets to enjoy an employee stock ownership plan (ESOP).
ESOP? Yes, we are 100% employee owned! An ESOP is a qualified retirement plan, like a 401k, but you don’t have to make any contributions to participate in the rewards. When we each work hard to provide exceptional service and deliverables to our clients, the positive performance of the company increases the value of our stock and enables the accumulation of wealth for all our employee-owners.
About the Position
Our growing Field Services team is looking for Field Services Specialist. You will work closely with external data collection partners supporting our client-facing project teams on proposals and project execution. The Field Services Specialist will own the vendor evaluation, onboarding, and bidding/proposal process, in addition to providing guidance to project staff on more complex fielding engagements. This position reports to the Sr. Director, Field Services at CMB.
This position may be hybrid if based in Boston, or remote within the USA.
In this position, you will play a crucial role in partnering with and supporting our internal project teams as a member of our Field Services team. You will have the unique opportunity to build outstanding relationships with data collection partners while helping to support our project teams’ success.
You will be working collaboratively and you will be passionate about sharing your ideas to add value to the organization, make processes more efficient, and help support your team with the continuing development of field services capabilities.
About Your Background
You’ve gotten some experience and are familiar with research and now you’re looking for a position where you are able to continue learning and growing in the research world. Here’s what you’ll be doing and the qualifications we are looking for:
Client Services Team
- Adhere to CMB’s defined approaches, processes, and best practices
- Take advantage of training and development opportunities
- Contributes to a team and/or committee for ongoing CMB initiatives
- Follow CMB- and Client-specific Information Security Policies
- Ensure end-to-end client/project delivery in alignment with Sales & Account Management leading to high client satisfaction with project deliverables
- Facilitate the vendor bid process for CMB’s business during the proposal process, and mid-stream course corrections as necessaryObtain data collection costs from outside partners, both quantitative and qualitative, in a timely manner
Routinely assess the vendor bid procedure for potential process improvements
- Investigate multiple vendors and/or methodologies to maximize feasibility for difficult projects
- Make recommendations to the project teams on which outside partners to use on a project basis to meet unique project requirements
- Continuously evaluate and onboard new data collection vendors to meet CMB ongoing needs
- Assist in the onboarding new vendors, including working across departments to obtain the proper accounting and compliance documents
- Consult with project team members on sample panel partners and their various capabilities
- Identify and evaluate best-in-class and new/innovative data collection vendors and approaches
- In addition to quantitative vendor support, assist CMB’s qualitative team by obtaining vendor bids and identifying/onboarding new qualitative partners
- Assist on complex fielding projects by mentoring and training project staff where in-depth vendor knowledge and expertise is needed
- Bachelor’s degree or higher
- Market research internship or experience strongly preferred
- Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook
- Demonstrated success working with vendors or similar experience preferred
- Proven ability to prioritize, coordinate, and maintain a high level of accuracy and organization
- Vendor engagement skills and ability to understand and effectively address needs
- Highly effective problem-solving skills
- Highly effective collaboration, prioritization, and influencing skills
- Ability to work well in a team environment
- Resourceful, persistent, and proactive
- Sense of humor and self-aware
None to minimal travel
* No agency assistance required *
* No visa sponsorship available*
CMB strongly encourages candidates from diverse backgrounds and experiences to apply. We recognize that people from structurally marginalized groups often only apply to jobs if they meet 100% of the qualifications, despite the reality that applicants rarely ever meet 100% of the qualifications. If this position aligns with your experience and interests, please apply!
CMB is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer and encourages applications from all qualified individuals without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, disability, or protected veteran status, or to other non-work-related factors. As part of our commitment to inclusivity, CMB will ensure that persons with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodations. If a reasonable accommodation is needed to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and/or to receive other benefits and privileges of employment, please contact Kate Milligan: 617-986-7463, or firstname.lastname@example.org
The annual base salary range for this position is $54,700 -$60,000 plus bonus, benefits, and an employee stock ownership plan (ESOP). The base salary is dependent on a variety of factors including (but not limited to) experience, skills, and location.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com