Market Research Data Management Director
Market Research Data Management Director
Are you ready to uplevel and specialize your Insights career along a data path? Do you take pride in pristine data hygiene? Do you enjoy the challenge of a complex weighting scheme? Do you feel a spark of joy when you put the final touches on your data tables? If so, our Data Management career path may be the ideal fit for you.
Ideal candidates will have 18-24 months of end-to-end custom market research experience and have identified that it’s the hands-on data work that inspires them most. As a Data Analyst at CMB, you’ll have the opportunity to spend more time hands-on with the data as the data expert on project teams. Data Analysts are responsible for quantitative project execution through reviewing questionnaire drafts, executing comprehensive data checks and data cleaning to ensure data integrity, programming data tables, performing basic data analysis, assisting with client-ready deliverables and more.
This role reports to a dedicated Data Management Team Manager and supports successful client-project delivery across the company. A structured skills training program is provided which offers introductions and access to Subject Matter Experts throughout CMB. Additionally, every Data Analyst is assigned a dedicated mentor (an experienced CMB Data Analyst) and is presented with many opportunities to learn by observing and interacting with team members and clients. During onboarding, Data Analysts are also paired with experienced CMB Data Analysts on projects to facilitate job shadowing and coaching.
Importantly, there is room to grow your career at CMB on the Data Management career path. Data Analysts who continue to build their skills path toward the Sr. Analyst and Director, Data Management roles.
Chadwick Martin Bailey (CMB) is a full-service custom market research and strategy firm, helping the world’s leading brands engage, innovate and grow. We leverage the best of advanced analytics, consumer psychology and market strategy to tackle game-changing initiatives for our clients like uncovering new markets and segmenting high value customers, understanding the core strengths and weaknesses of their brand, and identifying/testing new products and services. As a Top 50 Market Research firm, we’re known for our relentless business decision focus, creativity, deeply consultative approach and rock-solid execution.
Responsibilities and Expectations
- Adhere to CMB’s defined approaches, processes, and best practices
- Take advantage of training and development opportunities
- Contribute to a team and/or committee for ongoing CMB initiatives
- Follow CMB- and client-specific Information Security Policies
- Ensure end-to-end client/project delivery in alignment with Sales & Account Management leading to high client satisfaction with project deliverables
- Collaborate with project team to manage entire project lifecycle
- Typically assigned to more moderately complex projects
- Review questionnaire drafts to ensure a logical and efficient data structure
- Perform comprehensive data checks prior to the start of data collection to ensure questionnaire program is set up correctly and data is being captured as intended
- Provide data expertise and support throughout data collection (e.g., review complex quota setup, quality control checks)
- Identify data-related problems and develop hypotheses on the cause(s)
- Successfully troubleshoot and provide solutions to various project and process problems from higher level analytics
- Conduct final data cleaning to ensure data integrity and an error-free data file, which includes: removing poor quality respondents, checking logic and custom-created variables, creating and/or proofing weights, merging data files, appending external data, and any other data-related tasks
- Program custom data tables in Q utilizing detailed table specifications form
- Proof data tables that are created by other Data Analysts or outsourced to external CMB partners
- Support project team on the creation of client-ready reports and presentations
- Effectively communicate with project managers, peers, and other senior staff
- Demonstrate commitment to using CMB processes and Data Management tools
- Owns training in at least one specific area or application within Data Management
- Onboard and mentor new CMB talent as needed
- Bachelor’s degree in Statistics, Market Research, Marketing, Psychology, Sociology, Applied Economics, Political Science, or related field
- Minimum 3 years of data management experience or demonstrated success as a Senior Data Associate at CMB
- Ability to establish and manage relationships with clients, vendors, and co-workers
- Extremely high attention to detail
- Excellent at managing multiple projects and priorities
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook
- Intermediate skills in a statistical software package (e.g., SPSS, SAS, R) – SPSS preferred
- Experience with at least one other research platform or data management software package (e.g., MarketSight, Qualtrics, Q, SQL, Alteryx) preferred
- Familiarity with programming languages (e.g., R, Python) preferred
- Sense of humor and self-awareness
– No agency assistance required –
– No sponsorship available –
To apply for this job please visit cmbinfo.applytojob.com.