Market Research Product Development Manager
Market Research Product Development Manager
At CMB, the application of Behavioral Psychology and Advanced Analytics underpins our approach to uncovering deep consumer insights that help our clients make decisions with confidence. This approach differentiates CMB and is represented in our proprietary products like BrandFx, Habit Loops, and Fast+Slow Thinking. Working closely with the Vice President of Product & Innovation, the Product Development Manager will play a critical role in furthering CMB’s commitment to Thought Leadership and in developing groundbreaking new methodologies anchored in sound scientific theory.
In addition to product design, the Product Development Manager will play an important role in shepherding adoption of new products internally, as well as selling new products to clients and prospects. As such, this position offers the opportunity to marry scientific insight with practical application, and to get broad exposure across areas of CMB’s business, including client services, project execution, internal operations, and sales strategies.
The Product Development Manager will also be involved in the evaluation of 3rd party research technology and working with others to establish solutions to drive efficiency/value to our research operations and delivery capabilities. Further, this position will support and keep eyes on the adoption and impact of these 3rd party tools.
This position reports to the Vice President of Product & Innovation and works collaboratively with other teams, including, but not limited to, Marketing, Advanced Analytics, Data Management, and individual client-facing project teams.
Responsibilities and Expectations
Proprietary Value Essential Duties (approximately 35-40% of time dependent on organizational needs)
- Facilitate and support the development of proprietary research products, including partnering in the development of: New methods via client- or self-funded project execution and analysis, mining/analyzing data on hand, and testing new approaches (e.g., proprietary AI)
- Marketing and sales content related to products
- Product execution materials and training for internal teams
- Drive adoption and guide application of products within CMB e.g., run training sessions, consult on research design and analysis, review research instruments
- Support Practice Leaders & Account Directors in leveraging CMB products/approaches to deepen client relationships and drive sales e.g., contributing on proposals, participating in client pitches and presentations
- Support CMB’s continued Thought Leadership in Consumer Psychology and Behavioral Science Review and synthesize current scientific research relevant to CMB’s product development efforts
Support content development in collaboration with CMB’s marketing team and the VP, Consumer Psychology
- Contribute as expert voice representing CMB in this area (via blogs, conferences, etc.)
- Efficiency & Automation Essential Duties (approximately 30-35% of time dependent on organizational needs)
- Identify and implement approaches to increase efficiency and reduce redundancy in the research process, with an emphasis on automation in the areas of data integrity and manipulation
- Serve as CMB’s automation “help line” to support task efficiency improvements across CMB
Other Essential Duties
- Take advantage of training and development opportunities
- Contributes to a team and/or committee for ongoing CMB initiatives
- Participate in peer reviews in a timely manner
- Plan and execute initiatives, as assigned
- Advanced degree in Social Science (e.g., psychology, sociology, anthropology, economics) or Linguistics
- 3+ years of related professional experience
- Understanding of complex research methods
- Project Management experience helpful
- Experience delegating, managing and influencing teams and individuals
- Demonstrated capacity to positively and professionally interact with, and develop and maintain, effective working relationships with all levels of the organization
- Strong knowledge of statistical software (e.g., SQL, SPSS, MATLAB, Alteryx) and programming languages (e.g., R, Python)
- Experience using APIs to access other data sources or platform functionality
- Experience managing and transforming large data sets to support analytic needs, system requirements and process automation
- Experience with AI, including deep learning (Neural Networks), supervised, unsupervised and semi- supervised machine learning
- Strong knowledge of approaches and tools used in machine learning (ML) and natural language processing (e.g., TensorFlow, CorEx, NLTK)
- Strong skills with Microsoft Office suite including PowerPoint, Word, Excel, and Outlook
- Strong organization skills and high attention to detail
- Excellent at managing multiple projects and priorities
- Excellent time management skills and ability to priorities multiple projects
- Excellent communication skills
- Excellent at proofreading and editing documents or presentations
- Self-starter who thrives in a fast-paced environment
- Sense of humor and self-aware
- 5-15% travel
*No visa sponsorship is available for this position.
*No agency assistance needed
To apply for this job please visit cmbinfo.applytojob.com.