Research Projects Coordinator
Research Projects Coordinator
Website Earthwatch Institute
Earthwatch seeks a Research Projects Coordinator (RC) to support the management of our research projects. This position works closely with the Director of Research in the development of new research projects that meet Earthwatch research standards. The RC ensures that quality information is known and documented for all Earthwatch research projects; tracks and evaluates the impact of these projects, supports research input into grant proposals; and maintains professional relationships with scientists. The Research Projects Coordinator will liaise with the Program, Communications, and Field Research Expeditions (Sales) departments to provide support for integrated programs that advance mission objectives, operate in a sustainable manner, and meet or exceed volunteer expectations. The Research Projects Coordinator must have a strong understanding of the biological and/or environmental sciences and the ability to interact collaboratively across internal departments and external audiences.
The primary responsibility of the Research Projects Coordinator (RC) is to provide administrative support for research projects as required by the Director of Research, with project assignments based on departmental and programmatic needs and priorities.
The Research Projects Coordinator will:
- Steward scientist relationships to ensure that supported projects meet Earthwatch standards for scientific research, project impacts, and authentic engagement of volunteers in data collection and field research.
- Work closely with Program Manager(s) to ensure accurate project representation in digital materials, including the Earthwatch website, annual Expedition Guides, and other promotional materials.
- Maintain data about supported research projects in the Earthwatch CRM database.
- Maintain project metrics within the Research Assessment Database (RAD)—a Microsoft Access-based relational database, including project outputs, outcomes, and impacts, based on the Measures of Success (MoS) scores.
- Provide support in responding, tracking, and coordinating inquiries, pre-proposals/concept notes, and research proposals requesting Earthwatch support.
- Communicate with external scientists for peer review of submitted research proposals (new and renewals).
- Support initiatives to secure funding for research projects and programs, as well as support in funder reporting.
- Support the development of Earthwatch science communication, including input for research web pages, production of scientific posters, and input to specific position/scientific papers.
- At least 2 years of relevant experience in biology, ecology, environmental science/policy, or related field
- Demonstrated commitment to Earthwatch’s mission and values.
- 1 year of experience in the non-profit/NGO/science sector, including working globally across regions.
- Proficiency in basic statistical analyses, including creating figures/graphs in Excel, R, or other programs.
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Ability to manage multiple priorities in a time-sensitive manner.
- Excellent writing, editing, and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to interact with diverse internal and external individuals.
- Strong critical thinking skills.
- Demonstrated commitment to fostering and maintaining an environment of diversity, inclusion, and belonging.
- Functional proficiency in one of the following languages: Spanish, Portuguese.
Don’t meet every single requirement? Studies have shown that women and people of color are less likely to apply for jobs unless they meet every single qualification. At Earthwatch, we are dedicated to building a diverse, inclusive, and authentic workplace. If you are excited about this role but your experience doesn’t align perfectly with every qualification in the job description, we encourage you to apply anyway. You may be just the right candidate for this or other roles.
To apply for this job please visit earthwatch.org.