Events Assistant – Full Time
Events Assistant – Full Time
Website Expect Miracles Foundation
Expect Miracles Foundation is currently seeking an Events Assistant to join its small, hardworking team to help advance its mission to improve the lives of people impacted by cancer. This person will assist with all our events, in-person and virtually, throughout the year.
Expect Miracles Foundation’s mission is to rally the financial services industry and beyond to invest in life-saving cancer research while advancing the financial and emotional health of people impacted by cancer. The Foundation plans, executes and manages all aspects of high-end networking events for top tier financial institutions and executives.
This position is perfect for someone who is interested in learning about planning and executing fundraising events. Expect Miracles Foundation provides an entrepreneurial environment where your thoughts can be heard and you can make a huge impact. This position has a great opportunity for growth within the organization.
We are looking for someone creative, organized, and energetic whose responsibilities will include:
- Assisting with the implementation and planning of Expect Miracles Foundation’s annual events, which bring anywhere from 200-600 people together and raise $1,000,000+
- East Coast Golf Classic (Golf – Boston, MA)
- Atlantic Coast Golf Classic (Golf – New York, NY)
- Wine & Spirits Event (Gala – Boston, MA)
- Samfund Annual Celebration (Gala – virtual)
- Expect Miracles in Manhattan (Gala – New York, NY)
- Expect Miracles Distance Challenge (Virtual Fundraiser)
- Soliciting auction items for special events, including cold-calling and proposal writing
- Assisting with on-site event logistics of events, including event setup and breakdown
- Assist Events Manager and other colleagues as needed
- Attending occasional night and weekend meetings and events
- Attending cornerstone events and young professional events
- Ability to travel occasionally for events
Minimum Job Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent
- 1 to 3 years experience in an office environment
- Outgoing, friendly and helpful personality
- Demonstrated passion for our cause
- Excellent writing abilities
- Proven project management skills; comfortable juggling multiple projects and priorities, and working long hours when needed for events
- Positive attitude and quick learner
- Terrific work ethic and a keen eye for detail
- Open to new ideas and influences and quick to react to changing requirements
- Ability to work independently and take initiative while collaborating within a small team
- Excellent customer service ability
- Aptitude for technology, including MS Office, social media, and Macintosh computers
Job Type: Full-time. Salary based on experience. Benefits include: health insurance (70% company contribution), group life Insurance, retirement plan. Our office is conveniently located a block from South Station and is accessible by public transportation. We are currently working in a hybrid model. This position is based in our Boston office.
Please submit cover letter, specifying salary requirements, and resume to email@example.com.
Subject line: LAST NAME: Events Assistant. No phone calls please.
Expect Miracles Foundation is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. The more inclusive we are, the better our work will be.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org