HR Coordinator – Entry Level Opportunity
HR Coordinator – Entry Level Opportunity
Website Federal Home Loan Bank Boston (FHLBB)
Title: Human Resources (HR) Coordinator
Department: Human Resources
Reports to: VP, Talent
Location: Boston, Hybrid work model
The Federal Home Loan Bank of Boston is a leading provider of wholesale funding for housing and community finance in New England serving more than 420 financial institutions across the region. The Federal Home Loan Bank of Boston is committed to making New England a better place to live and do business, and our employees are integral to our success. As a cooperative, we are owned by more than 420 banks, credit unions, insurance companies, and community development financial institutions that access tens of billions of dollars of our reliable, wholesale funding each year. Our funds are a vital resource that helps our members succeed, provide families with safe, decent affordable housing, and generate economic development that creates jobs in communities throughout our region.
Our highly skilled team of 200 is diverse, innovative, collaborative, and passionate about the work we do. We seek other professionals excited to share their knowledge, talent, and passion for our mission to join our team. We offer opportunities for career development, robust benefits, and a work-life balance.
We are looking for an efficient Human Resources (HR) Coordinator to undertake a variety of HR operational, compliance, and administrative duties. They will facilitate a variety of critical HR functions such as the onboarding new hires, running and analyzing HR reports, and supporting our talent acquisition efforts. This role also involves performing tasks with a focus on employee engagement.
The ideal candidate is someone who seeks to collaborate as a team player, will demonstrate an interest and willingness to learn, bring a basic knowledge of Human Resources, as well as general office/administrative responsibilities. The expectation is that the individual in this role, will work autonomously to support the efficiency of HR projects and operations with accuracy and ownership. To succeed in this role, you should be familiar with or eager to learn HR software and tools and be able to take instruction or guidance from various Team members who may be closer to the requested work effort.
Ultimately, you should be able to contribute to the attainment of specific goals and results of the HR department and the organization.
This is an entry-level opportunity and ideal for someone looking to build a career in Human Resources. The Bank does not sponsor work authorization for entry-level roles.
To set a new colleague up for success, our expectation is that 3 or 4 days a week will be office-based work. Once fully onboarded, this role will have a hybrid work schedule in our Boston office in accordance with the Bank’s Hybrid Work Program.
· Respond and provide assistance to internal and external HR related inquiries or requests using various communication mediums.
· Maintain information/records (payroll, personal information, benefits, leaves, turnover rates etc.) to ensure all employment requirements are met.
· Liaise with other functions (payroll, technology, office administration, etc.) to ensure efficient HR operations.
· Support the recruitment/hiring process by supporting our ATS data integrity, employer branding, job postings, reporting and outreach efforts. Support job seeker communication, the offer process, and pre-hire tasks.
· Support orientation activities, onboarding, and offboarding tasks/meetings, including benefits.
· Primary administrator of the Bank’s Learning tool (CornerstoneOnDemand) for roster management and reporting. Help administer LinkedIn Learning.
· Schedule department/team meetings, interviews, HR events etc.
· Event coordination, management and communications, inclusive of room setup requests, catering and coordination with internal or external stakeholders. Events can be for HR or in support of some business resource groups.
· Assist with vendor management and compliance tasks.
· Produce and submit reports on general HR activity.
· Process and track HR, including monthly benefits billing, invoices.
· Assist in ad-hoc HR projects, like collection of employee feedback.
· Other duties, as assigned.
Requirements and Skills
· Demonstrated interest or proven experience as an HR coordinator or relevant human resources/administrative position
· Ability to handle data with confidentiality
· Knowledge of human resources processes
· Strong competency using MS Office (MS Excel and MS Powerpoint, in particular) & Sharepoint
· Experience with HR databases and HRIS systems (e.g. Workday) is desired, yet training will be made available.
· Experience with, or demonstrated ability to learn HR technological tools such as applicant tracking software (ATS)
· Outstanding communication and interpersonal skills
· Excellent organizational and time management skills
· A degree in Business Administration or relevant field would be attractive, but is not required; additional education in HR practice areas would be a plus
The Federal Home Loan Bank of Boston is committed to building and sustaining a diverse workforce that reflects the communities that we serve. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we strongly encourage applicants from every ethnicity, color, religion, gender, age, national origin, disability, veteran or parental status and sexual orientation.
Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
Applications are being accepted on the Careers page of our website: www.fhlbboston.com
To apply for this job please visit www.fhlbboston.com.