Summer 2023 Legal Law Clerk Internship
Summer 2023 Legal Law Clerk Internship
Website Federal Home Loan Bank of Boston
The Federal Home Loan Bank of Boston is committed to making New England a better place to live and do business, and our employees are integral to our success. As a cooperative, we are owned by 420 banks, credit unions, insurance companies, and community development financial institutions that access tens of billions of dollars of our reliable, wholesale funding each year. Our funds are a vital resource that helps our members succeed, provides families with safe, decent affordable housing, and generates economic development that creates jobs in communities throughout our region.
Our highly skilled team of almost 200 is diverse, innovative, collaborative, and passionate about the work we do. We seek other professionals excited to share their knowledge, talent, and passion for our mission to join our team. We offer opportunities for career development, robust benefits, and a work-life balance.
The Law Clerk intern will work side-by-side with the Bank’s team of experienced attorneys and gain a general understanding of how an in-house legal department operates. Moreover, because the internship will be within the legal department of a regulated financial institution and government-sponsored enterprise, the intern will also be provided with a foundation in various aspects of business law, administrative law, and regulatory compliance.
The Law Clerk intern will also participate in the Leadership Council on Legal Diversity’s 1L Scholars Program. The Leadership Council on Legal Diversity (LCLD) is an organization of more than 400 corporate chief legal officers and law firm managing partners, who have dedicated themselves to creating a truly diverse U.S. legal profession. The Bank’s legal department is a member of the LCLD. As a result, not only will the Law Clerk intern gain valuable professional experience through the Bank’s legal department, but the intern will also be introduced to the value of relationships and building networks though the LCLD.
This paid internship – $25/hour, will be part of the Bank’s 2023 summer internship cohort.
· Monitor regulatory developments applicable to the Bank and its members.
· Perform legal research and other duties as assigned by members of Legal department.
· Shadow lawyers in contract negotiations, meetings with internal clients, etc.
· Participate in group project with other interns from other (non-law) disciplines, topic to be determined.
Benefits for the Intern
· Establish relationships with and receive hands-on guidance from the Bank’s team of experienced attorneys to ensure a successful internship experience.
· Gain real world experience.
· Exposure to a diverse set of legal and regulatory issues and how they come to life within a financial institution.
· Attendance at the LCLD’s 1L Scholars Virtual Summit, May 23-25, 2023.
· A dedicated LinkedIn group for 1L LCLD Scholars and opportunity to participate in virtual mock interviews with attorneys from LCLD Member law firms.
· Interact with other interns in a variety of Bank departments and disciplines.
· Applicants must be current first year law students attending an ABA-approved law school.
· Strong issue-spotting, problem-solving and analytic ability.
· Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing.
· Ability to maintain confidentiality.
· Demonstrated strong attention to detail.
· Demonstrated organizational and time management skills.
· Excellent interpersonal skills.
The Federal Home Loan Bank of Boston is committed to building and sustaining a diverse workforce that reflects the communities that we serve. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we strongly encourage applicants from every ethnicity, color, religion, gender, age, national origin, disability, veteran or parental status and sexual orientation.
Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this internship opportunity at any time.
Applications are being accepted on the Careers page of our website: www.fhlbboston.com
To apply for this job email your details to Wilber.email@example.com