Senior Credit Analyst or Credit Analyst II
Senior Credit Analyst or Credit Analyst II
Website Federal Home Loan Bank of Boston
The Federal Home Loan Bank of Boston is a leading provider of wholesale funding for housing and community finance in New England serving more than 425 financial institutions across the region. The Federal Home Loan Bank of Boston is committed to making New England a better place to live and do business, and our employees are integral to our success. As a cooperative, we are owned by more than 425 banks, credit unions, insurance companies, and community development financial institutions that access tens of billions of dollars of our reliable, wholesale funding each year. Our funds are a vital resource that helps our members succeed, provide families with safe, decent affordable housing, and generate economic development that creates jobs in communities throughout our region.
Our highly skilled team of 200 is diverse, innovative, collaborative, and passionate about the work we do. We seek other professionals excited to share their knowledge, talent, and passion for our mission to join our team. We offer opportunities for career development, robust benefits, and a work-life balance.
Responsibilities will include:
–Efficiently monitoring and accurately analyzing the financial condition of member institutions of FHLBB.
–Preparing timely and accurate written reports concerning the financial condition and trend, and outlook of these institutions. The preparation of these reports will often require the Analyst to discuss the institution’s financial condition with the member institution’s senior management.
–Preparing various monthly and quarterly reports to the Bank’s Credit Committee, Board of Directors, and Federal Housing Finance Agency.
–Underwrite advance requests and other extensions of credit from the Bank.
The Analyst will also be integrally involved with the efficient maintenance of the Department’s financial database. He/She will accurately prepare quarterly Power BI Data Sorts for the FHLB membership in the Department’s prescribed format, and other financial reports as directed by the Manager of Member Credit or Director of Credit.
The Analyst will work with other team members on special projects. These special projects often require the ability to create ad hoc financial monitoring reports from several extensive financial databases. The person will also work closely with other team members to develop new and more efficient approaches and methods to analyze financial institutions and their holding companies.
· Efficiently perform the financial analysis of member institutions. The analyst will initially work on reviews of member banks and CUs and will be roped into analyzing less complex insurance members over time. The analysis requires effective use of Credit Department and Regulatory Agency databases, information from outside financial information vendors and credit rating agencies, publicly released reports, and direct contact with senior management of the institutions. Accurately prepare comprehensive and timely written reports in the Department’s prescribed formats, covering the financial condition and prospects of members and prospective members.
· Present member upgrade/downgrade at credit committee.
· When trained and authorized, underwrite and approve advances (loans) to members per Credit Department procedures.
· Accurately and efficiently assist in the maintenance of the Credit Department’s financial database. Perform (along with other team members) the timely update of the database to reflect latest quarterly financials, any membership changes and changes to internal ratings, credit, and collateral status. Download quarterly financial data for all members from the vendor database to the Department’s database. Prepare selected quarterly Trend Analysis Reports and Power BI based Data Sorts that reflect members’ indebtedness, capital, asset quality, earnings, liquidity, and growth, etc. Prepare other sorts and reports as directed. Efficiently review all reports for accuracy.
· Run member/industry financial data through the Bank’s credit models. Perform back-testing and benchmarking of the credit models to assess model performance.
· Assist in the preparation of the monthly Credit Committee meeting package, including producing reports related to the financial condition of the membership. Will also help with compiling meeting minutes after the meeting.
· Work closely with the other team members on special projects undertaken to meet the overall goals and objectives of the Credit Department.
· Work closely with other team members to implement enhancements to the Credit Department’s monitoring processes and reports to create efficiencies and effective dashboards and key performance indicator reports.
· Stay informed of changes to the regulations and reporting changes of the NCUA and FDIC to the quarterly call reports
Analytical mindset – Interest in and ability to distill financial and other quantitative and qualitative information and reach conclusions. Ability to weigh the importance of key credit metrics and other relevant financial and qualitative information. Desire to consistently improve one’s analytical capabilities and knowledge base.
Experience as a credit or financial analyst, preferably analyzing banks and credit unions, including the key regulatory and accounting aspects and financial statement presentation, financial drivers, credit metrics, and risk issues related to them.
Must be able to apply financial knowledge to real tasks.
Must be able to write concise and informative credit reports that convey the key information supporting conclusions, and as well effectively present conclusions and/or recommendations.
Must have high level of proficiency in MS Excel. Proficiency with formulas, manipulating data from multiple sources, queries, VLOOKUPs, pivot tables, programming, and running macros. SNL Data Wizard experience is considered a plus. Experience with Power BI is helpful.
Interest in and experience related to modeling key performance indicators and other statistical analyses, including familiarity with default models, would be a plus.
Attention to Detail – Must have a commitment to accuracy, striving for an error free environment.
Must be able to communicate clearly and effectively with senior management of members, and of the FHLB, in both oral and written format.
Must have confidence and initiative to complete assignments in a timely manner.
Must be able to work in a team environment.
Must have high integrity and personal ethics and be willing to perform duties in accordance with company and department policies and procedures.
Bachelor’s degree with a concentration in finance, accounting or economics or directly related equivalent work experience required.
2-6+ years of financial analysis experience preferable analyzing depository institutions.
Must be proficient in MS Excel and have thorough knowledge of Windows Office software. S&P Global MI and Power BI experience is a plus.
The Federal Home Loan Bank of Boston is committed to building and sustaining a diverse workforce that reflects the communities that we serve. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we strongly encourage applicants from every ethnicity, color, religion, gender, age, national origin, disability, veteran or parental status and sexual orientation.
Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
Applications are being accepted on the Careers page of our website: www.fhlbboston.com
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com