Director, Marketing Project Management
Director, Marketing Project Management
Website Jobs for the Future
Jobs for the Future (JFF) drives transformation of the American workforce and education systems to achieve equitable economic advancement for all.
About the position:
JFF’s Marketing and Communications team is rapidly expanding to meet needs of its internal and external constituents and to maximize its potential to be a strategic partner to its key stakeholders. We seek a Director of Marketing Project Management, which is a newly created position at JFF.
Reporting to the Vice President of Marketing and Communications, the Director of Marketing Project Management will lead strategic marketing campaigns that raise awareness of JFF and its programs, while also acting as the Mar/Comm’s team’s main hub for staffing and resourcing projects and initiatives across the Marketing organization. As such, you will develop structured processes and reporting mechanisms that drives team accountability while keeping key stakeholders aware of key milestones. Specifically, you will build and manage project plans and processes to ensure external and internal partners are executing at a high level and within budget and deadlines. Finally, you will help coach and support our embedded communications managers to develop impactful and consistent communications project and resourcing plans (budgeting, staffing, etc.).
The ideal candidate must be a strong and influential marketer, love the act of planning and organizing workflows, and be a strong cross-functional team leader. You will be well-versed in various project management methodologies and processes. This person should be a credible strategic partner to business leaders and teams across JFF, as well as cultivate successful relationships with external partners/funders.
The location for this role is flexible, yet we have a strong preference for someone who can be in the Boston or Washington DC office on a regular basis.
What you’ll do:
Build and Lead Team-wide Project Management Process, Systems and Resourcing
- Partner with Programs and Marketing teams to define project objectives, resource requirements, timing, and deliverables in support of organizational goals.
- Develop, manage, and communicate project expectations, updates, and milestones (i.e. status and progress reports, roadblocks/contingency plans, post-mortems, etc.) to key stakeholders.
- Develop and coach various teams on best practices for project management that can be rolled out team-wide.
Act as Strategic Cross-functional Advisor
- Act as a cross-functional leader with multiple teams to strategize and execute targeted outreach campaigns to existing and prospective funders and other stakeholders.
- Identify design and content development needs and partner with the design, content and communications leadership to close any gaps.
- Support go-to-market planning and launch of new initiatives, including conducting market research, creating constituent personas, and developing integrated communications plans.
- Drive the development of an organization-wide editorial calendar and thought leadership content.
- Define and track key success metrics and project analytics
External and Internal Stakeholder Engagement
- Partner with program leads and development teams to develop proposals, cost estimates and project timelines for funded deliverables.
- Act as a thought partner with JFF’s executive team and partners/donors around how best to meet the joint marketing and communications needs,
- Supervise vendors and/or external consultants to execute on commitments (as required).
Who you are:
- You are a multi-faceted marketing professional who is comfortable with both strategic planning and tactical execution in a high-volume environment
- You lead with a data-driven, analytical approach as well as a deep commitment to organizing and communicating work flows
- You are an expert relationship builder and manager with strong influencing and collaboration skills, in support of mission attainment and growth
- You are comfortable working in an environment that can be ambiguous at times, with rapidly changing priorities due to new opportunities
- You enjoy building out and coaching others on process development and resource allocation
- You have some formal training in project management methodologies such as Asana and/or Agile; PMP certification preferred but not required
- You possess a passion for JFF’s mission and deep commitment to diversity, equity and inclusion (DEI); ability to contribute to cultures that embrace DEI as a part of the work
Diversity, Equity and Inclusion at JFF:
JFF is committed to sustaining a diverse community with a work environment that is welcoming, respectful, and encouraging to all. JFF fosters a culture of inclusion that celebrates and cultivates diversity along multiple dimensions, including race, ethnicity, sex, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, national origin, socioeconomic status, religion, ability, culture, and experience.
As part of our commitment to diversity, equity and inclusion, JFF strongly encourages people impacted by the criminal legal system to apply.
As part of your application, please include your resume and a thoughtful cover letter, addressed to Dan Obregon, VP, Marketing and Communications, outlining how your skills and experience meet the qualifications of the position.
Positions at JFF are not eligible for employer-visa sponsorship or open to F-1 student visa holders.
All JFF employees are required to be fully up to date on their vaccinations against COVID-19, unless a medical or religious exemption has been requested and a reasonable accommodation approved.
JFF offers a competitive salary and benefits package, commensurate with experience and skills.
To apply for this job please visit grnh.se.