Director, Digital Campaigns & Strategic Events Communications
Director, Digital Campaigns & Strategic Events Communications
Website Jobs for the Future
Jobs for the Future (JFF) drives transformation of the U.S. education and workforce systems to achieve equitable economic advancement for all. Seeing that millions of people are unfairly shut out of quality jobs and the chance for a better life, our goal is to align education, workforce, and employment changemakers toward a shared North Star: In 10 years, 75 million people facing systemic barriers to advancement will work in quality jobs.
To achieve that goal, we design solutions, scale best practices, influence policy and action, and invest in innovation. With a staff of more than 300 people across the country working remotely and in offices in Boston (headquarters), Washington, DC, and Oakland, California, we operate at the national, state, and local levels, forging deep partnerships with employers, investors, entrepreneurs, policymakers, and education and workforce development providers to break down barriers and reimagine what’s possible.
We’re on a path of ongoing growth and expanding impact. We have an operating budget of $105 million, and we’re funded by dozens of leading government agencies, foundations, and corporations. Learn more about JFF and join us as we build a future that works—for everyone.
DEIBW at JFF
Diversity, equity, inclusion, belonging, and well-being (DEIBW) are core to JFF’s North Star and mission. We employ and build diverse teams across race, ethnicity, sex, gender identity and expression, age, and lived experiences and are constantly working toward ensuring these differences are celebrated and included. We aim to cultivate a culture that centers the overall care, well-being, and success of the employee through flexible work hours, balanced workloads, professional development, and equitable career advancement opportunities. Learn more about what DEIBW looks like in practice at JFF.
We seek to invest and learn from those who represent the communities we serve, particularly individuals from populations who have been explicitly or implicitly excluded from the workforce. Knowing its importance to the success of our work and the engagement of our staff members, we aspire to attract and retain a diverse team and welcome people of all backgrounds to apply to our open roles. JFF is a fair chance employer and in alignment to our North Star, we strongly encourage individuals whose highest level of education attained is less than a 4-year degree; People of Color; and people with records to apply.
About the Position
The Director, Digital Campaigns & Strategic Events Communications is a newly created position that leads digital communications strategy, messaging and positioning, sponsorship and campaign planning, and awareness building for Horizons, JFF’s annual Summit, our online content platform, and other national events where JFF has a significant presence. In this role, you will be hands-on in the development and execution of creative and comprehensive communications, and go-to-market strategy plans, while offering integrated digital solutions that engage our target audiences.
Reporting to the Senior Director, Marketing Operations, and working collaboratively with JFF’s Strategic Engagements and Marketing Communications teams, you will be a strategic advisor, and a trusted partner in drafting engaging, inclusive, and creative digital campaign solutions, producing original content, and partnering with our internal stakeholders on event communications and onsite branding. The ideal candidate is tactical, strategic and consultative, with expertise in communications for large-scale events, and brings strong content writing, campaign marketing, and events promotion experience. This role offers an exciting opportunity to make impactful contributions to JFF’s positioning, brand awareness and recognition in the field.
What You’ll Do
Create and deliver engaging strategic digital marketing campaign plans
– Lead the development of strategic marketing plans and messaging, including methods to raise awareness, educate, and activate target audiences
– Assess, define and understand key audience personas, and determine effective market messages
– Collaboratively draft communications and creative marketing strategies (including drafting and editing marketing emails, and social media outreach) to amplify speakers, content, sponsors and event benefits.
– Lead the strategy and production of digital assets and onsite branding and marketing including event signage, video assets, and shot lists
– Develop campaigns that demonstrate inclusive marketing practices in speaker promotion, campaign development, content development, and language
Lead projects and initiatives to increase JFF’s presence and recognition at national events
– Grow JFF’s brand awareness by identifying and supporting strategic relationships with external vendors and media partners
– Support the development of event sponsorship packages, onsite design assets and strategic communications
– Prepare subject-matter experts for media interviews in collaboration with PR and strategic communications teams
– Collaborate with PR and strategic communications on developing and maintaining media outreach
– Inform and plan for continuous engagement and outreach to increase JFF’s event reach
– Develop and maintain editorial calendar of campaigns throughout the year (including publication releases and event promotions), as well as program-specific email campaign lists and web pages
– Collaborate and partner with teams to identify opportunities to generate demand and capture interest in JFF’s work (eg. contact us forms, newsletter subscriptions, resource downloads, event registrations, etc.)
– Analyze and assess campaign success through tools like Google Analytics, Cision, and HubSpot
Who You Are
The qualifications listed within the job description are intended as a guide and we do not expect candidates to bring all experiences and skills listed. Research supports that self-selecting out of potential professional opportunities is particularly common among individuals with identities that are marginalized in professional spaces. So, if you believe that you can meet the overall expectations of the position, we encourage you to apply so that we have an opportunity to learn more about you and the unique strengths you would bring to the work.
– You bring demonstrated experience leading national or global event promotion and digital campaign strategy for large-scale events, and growing brand awareness (New hires at the Director II level at JFF typically bring 12+ years of prior professional experience through a combination of full-time, part-time, internship, and/or freelance positions)
– You have some knowledge of the learn and work ecosystem and the needs and interests of various stakeholders within these systems
– You are skilled at leading complex marketing project plans to meet audience demand and timelines
– You are a strategic and tactical partner, who can both help develop a comprehensive strategy for marketing and communication and execute on strategy by writing and editing engaging content
– You have a deep understanding of inclusive marketing practices in language, visuals, social media, and strategies
– You demonstrate good judgement and clear analytical thinking when gathering data and useful information to inform decisions for your teams
– You are familiar with tools such as Google Analytics, Cision, and HubSpot, and have used them to evaluate and track campaign metrics and KPI’s
– You feel confident managing projects with multiple workstreams, and aligning teams on goals and objectives, while using software tools (such as Asana) to organize your work.
– You seek out opportunities to identify and implement initiatives to increase effectiveness across teams or projects
– You engage stakeholders in sharing their collective knowledge and expertise to deliver valuable contributions and can build relationships with, and proactively include people whose identities and backgrounds differ from your own
– You are an inclusive leader, working effectively with colleagues from a diverse range of backgrounds, and ensuring that decisions, teams, and processes respect individual differences
– You possess high energy and passion for JFF’s mission and North Star, and the ability to apply JFF’s core values to all areas of your work
– You are energized by stewarding JFF’s DEIBW values and practices within your day-to-day work, including embracing the differences and celebrating the diversity that each individual brings to JFF
– You value building positive and collaborative relationships with others, including people whose identities and backgrounds differ from your own
– You are able and willing to travel up to 30%. This includes traveling to the Boston office up to 3 times per year to participate in both Strategic Engagement team and organizational retreats, as needed. This also includes traveling to JFF’s Horizons annual summit every summer along with travel to other events as needed
What We Offer
At JFF, we’re fueled by the desire to create a world where everyone has equal opportunity for economic advancement. Our team works hard to push the boundaries of what is possible, and in return, we provide a gratifying work experience, competitive salaries, and a comprehensive benefits program that includes flexibility and choice as core values in order to support people wherever they are in their lives and careers.
JFF has offices in Boston, Oakland, and Washington, DC; employees are welcome to use JFF office space to work in-person or hybrid, or completely remote. To improve the employee experience and promote productivity while working remotely, JFF offers an annual home office stipend to all regular full-time and part-time employees. In addition, new employees receive office equipment as needed.
The hiring range for this role is $120,000 – $140,000 annually, in alignment to JFF’s Director salary band and our compensation philosophy. Starting salaries for new hires will be determined based on a combination of the new hire’s relevant experience and market demands.
As part of your application, please include your resume and a thoughtful cover letter, addressed to Rob Grimmett, Senior Director, outlining how your skills and experience meet the qualifications of the position.
At JFF, we’re also committed to accessibility and want to ensure that everyone, including people with disabilities, can fully access and engage with our application and hiring process.
If you are unable to complete this application due to a disability and/or have specific access/accommodation needs in order to fully participate in our hiring process, please contact us at email@example.com.
Positions at JFF are not eligible for employer-visa sponsorship or open to F-1 student visa holders.
To apply for this job please visit grnh.se.