Manager, Grants & Contracts (August 3, 2023)
Manager, Grants & Contracts (August 3, 2023)
Website Jobs for the Future
Jobs for the Future (JFF) drives transformation of the American workforce and education systems to achieve equitable economic advancement for all.
About the position
Reporting to the Senior Director, Government Business Development, the Development Manager, Grants & Contracts will support JFF’s pursuit and proposal development for mission-aligned federal, state, and/or local grants and contracts (most notably, the U.S. Departments of Education and Labor, and other agencies) as well as institutional and individual funding opportunities, as needed. To ensure that proposals are accuracy, competitive, and ultimately successful, the Manager will work closely with other colleagues on the Development Team as well as JFF staff members in program roles who are responsible for executing on these awards.
This is an exciting opportunity for someone who thrives on being organized, detail oriented and is energized by managing complex, mission-critical projects. The Manager is a critical support role in advancing JFF’s pursuit of public sector funding opportunities that support JFF’s mission, especially as the organization continues to grow.
What you’ll do
Project Management of Proposal Process
– Develop proposal templates, proposal elements documents, and timelines
– Coordinate proposal team meetings to include multiple JFF teams as well as external partners when appropriate
– Facilitate the request and receipt of resumes and other personnel materials from JFF staff and proposal materials from external partners
– Coordinate with other JFF departments including Finance for the development of budgets, budget narratives, and budget templates
Contribute to the overall effectiveness of JFF’s Development Team
– Develop and/or improve proposal development processes in consultation with the Senior Director
– Update and create new government proposal templates as needed
– Manage federal and government proposal/award portals and accounts, including grants.gov, G5, JustGrants, etc., in consultation with the Senior Director
– Develop and maintain boilerplate language, past performance, and documentation for proposals
– Assist in monitoring government grant and contract opportunities
– Support institutional and individual funding opportunities, as needed
Who you are
– You possess high energy and passion for JFF’s mission and the ability to apply JFF’s core values to all areas of your work
– You have approximately 3-5 years of overall experience and have prior exposure to supporting grants and contracts and/or acting as a project manager for similar administrative processes You have familiarity with proposal development work, with a preference and interest in the landscape of government grants and/or contracts
– You have keen attention to detail and can develop systems to enable efficient and accurate submission of proposals
– You can perform to tight, evolving deadlines, manage expectations of multiple stakeholders, prioritize, multitask, and adapt in a rapidly changing environment
– You possess outstanding organizational skills and can track numerous moving pieces while identifying ways to improve efficiency
– You know how to synthesize technical and complex information for proposals
– You possess strong communication skills and the ability to convey complex information in a way that others can readily follow, including attention to detail to the particulars of grants and contracts language and bring excellent writer, editor, and researcher, with the ability to synthesize and communicate complex issues to a variety of audiences
– You are a flexible self-starter with the ability to seamlessly pivot between being an individual contributor and working in close collaboration with cross-functional staff and external partners; you know when to pull in others for their expertise and how to manage up and across in order to complete projects and advance the development of proposals
– You model inclusive leadership, working effectively with colleagues from a diverse range of backgrounds, and building and stewarding an organizational culture that embraces diversity, equity, and inclusion
– You build positive, effective, collaborative cultures and teams wherever you work
– You are a curious and adaptive learner, with a willingness to take in new information, perspectives and data to inform your work
– You demonstrate a growth mindset and a desire to continuously improve in your work
– You are able and willing to travel up to 10%. This includes traveling to the Boston office up to 3 times per year to meet with the Development Team and participate in both team and organizational retreats, as needed (Note: JFF requires Covid vaccination for all work-related travel)
What We Offer
At JFF, we’re fueled by the desire to create a world where everyone has equal opportunity for economic advancement. Our team works hard to push the boundaries of what is possible, and in return, we provide a gratifying work experience, competitive salaries, and a comprehensive benefits program that includes flexibility and choice as core values in order to support people wherever they are in their lives and careers.
The salary range for this role is $60,000 – $70,000 annually, in alignment to JFF’s Manager salary band and our compensation philosophy. Starting salaries for new hires will be determined based on a combination of the new hire’s relevant experience and market demands.
Diversity, Equity and Inclusion at JFF:
JFF is committed to sustaining a diverse community with a work environment that is welcoming, respectful, and encouraging to all. JFF fosters a culture of inclusion that celebrates and cultivates diversity along multiple dimensions, including race, ethnicity, sex, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, national origin, socioeconomic status, religion, ability, culture, and experience. As part of our commitment to diversity, equity and inclusion, JFF strongly encourages people impacted by the criminal legal system to apply.
We are accepting applications through August 3rd, 2023. Applications submitted by that date will be reviewed and candidates will receive updates on their candidacy by the week of August 7th, 2023.
Positions at JFF are not eligible for employer-visa sponsorship or open to F-1 student visa holders.
All JFF employees are required to be fully up to date on their vaccinations against COVID-19, unless a medical or religious exemption has been requested and a reasonable accommodation approved.
To apply for this job please visit grnh.se.