Senior Business Analyst, Strategy Growth, Innovation and Impact
Senior Business Analyst, Strategy Growth, Innovation and Impact
Website Jobs for the Future
Jobs for the Future (JFF) drives transformation of the American workforce and education systems to achieve equitable economic advancement for all.
About the position:
The Senior Business Analyst will be a member of the Strategy, Growth Innovation, and Impact (SG2I) team led by JFF’s Chief Strategy and Growth Officer (CSGO). This newly formed team supports organizational and unit strategies and growth opportunities – including new lines of practice, products, platforms, large-scale partnerships, and possible acquisitions and funding. SG2I also supports JFF’s evolving impact frameworks, and an innovation agenda to enable JFF to scale its impact across the workforce and education ecosystem.
Specifically, the Senior Business Analyst will support business model analysis, partnership research and management, presentation production and delivery, growth plan development and operationalization, and coordination of growth and innovation efforts. This exciting role reports into to the Director of Strategy and Growth Initiatives and will be supporting priorities for the CSGO, Senior Innovation Officer, and the broader SG2I team.
What you’ll do:
Research and Analysis
- Conduct qualitative and quantitative research, track, and synthesize insights related to growth and innovation efforts
- Conduct market research, including customer segmentation and business model analysis, to support new lines of business/practice, specific growth opportunities and JFF’s growth plan
- Synthesize external trends and research relevant to JFF’s strategic focus areas to support teams across JFF
- Conduct due diligence research on potential high-profile partners, including research to help source new partnerships
- Prepare and present high-quality deliverables primarily in slides and memos; articulate complex topics in a succinct and clear manner for Executive-level audiences
- Communicate effectively and professionally with colleagues regarding activities and progress of efforts
- Synthesize and share relevant findings with a wide range of audiences
Partnership Management and Coordination
- Coordinate partnership development efforts for SG2I and across JFF, including supporting cross-unit collaboration and proposal development
- Help manage external partner relationships as needed
Growth and Innovation Priorities
- Support 2 to 4 growth and innovation priorities across JFF, including research to understand market dynamics and value proposition articulation
- Support teams across JFF to operationalize JFF’s growth and innovation priorities
Project Management and Coordination
- Manage timelines, workflow, communications, production of deliverables, and other aspects of project implementation
- Partner and collaborate across the organization with project leaders to monitor and evaluate project plans, tasks, resources, deadlines, and any post-project needs to accomplish project goals
Who you are:
- You have at least 3-5 years of experience in a business analyst, consulting, design or research analyst setting or role
- You are organized, with a strong attention to detail, and have managed projects that required engaging with internal and external stakeholders
- You are a designer at heart and can successfully translate complex ideas into accessible messaging for a wide range of audiences through verbal and written communication methods and are comfortable making a case for your research/work to come to life via slides (attention to good slide design and logic gets you excited!)
- You have demonstrated experience conducting business model research and are comfortable analyzing date (loving pivot tables is a plus!)
- You have excellent writing skills, especially in drafting concise and succinct content, with the ability to tailor your writing to various audiences
- You are committed to supporting learning and possess a strong customer service orientation to help busy project teams incorporate new practices into their routines
- You are creative, resourceful, and flexible; you enjoy jumping into new projects and know how to build subject matter expertise and credibility quickly
- You thrive in a fast-paced environment and can seamlessly pivot between being an individual contributor and working in close collaboration with others
- You possess high energy and passion for JFF’s mission and an ability to apply JFF’s core values to all areas of your work
- You model inclusive leadership, working effectively with diverse staff, and building and stewarding an organizational culture that embraces diversity, equity, and inclusion
- You build positive, effective, collaborative cultures and teams wherever you work
- You are a curious and adaptive learner, with a willingness to take in new information, perspectives, and data to inform your work
- You demonstrate a growth mindset and desire to continuously improve in your work and approach
- You are able and willing to travel occasionally (The frequency will vary according to mix of projects. Note: JFF staff are not currently traveling due to COVID-19 restrictions and to prioritize the health and safety of our staff.)
Diversity, Equity and Inclusion at JFF:
JFF is committed to sustaining a diverse community with a work environment that is welcoming, respectful, and encouraging to all. JFF fosters a culture of inclusion that celebrates and cultivates diversity along multiple dimensions, including race, ethnicity, sex, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, national origin, socioeconomic status, religion, ability, culture, and experience. As part of our commitment to diversity, equity and inclusion, JFF strongly encourages people impacted by the criminal legal system to apply.
As part of your application, please include your resume and a thoughtful cover letter, addressed to Alyssa Jethani outlining how your skills and experience meet the qualifications of the position.
Positions at JFF are not eligible for employer-visa sponsorship or open to F-1 student visa holders.
All JFF employees are required to be fully up to date on their vaccinations against COVID-19, unless a medical or religious exemption has been requested and a reasonable accommodation approved.
JFF offers a competitive salary and benefits package, commensurate with experience and skills.
To apply for this job please visit grnh.se.