Senior Manager, Resource Management (Apply By: August 30, 2023)
Senior Manager, Resource Management (Apply By: August 30, 2023)
Website Jobs for the Future
Jobs for the Future (JFF) drives transformation of the American workforce and education systems to achieve equitable economic advancement for all.
About the position
The Senior Manager, Resource Management is a newly created role, designed to connect JFF people resources to project work. Working cross-functionally across the organization, your role will be essential in collecting and maintaining critical people resource data for JFF ‘s newly formed Solutions Design & Delivery (SD&D) teams. As part of the growing JFF Resource Management team, you will develop and manage utilization targets, analyze resource capacity and demand by project, skillset, role, and level and complete resource forecasts—identifying and solving for resource demand peaks and valleys proactively.
This is an exciting opportunity to be part of a new function at JFF, essential to meeting our project goals. The role is remote based and reports to the Sr. Director of Resource Management.
What you’ll do
– Respond and fulfill resource staffing requests and capacity availability requests and ensure project staffing needs are matched with the best available resource.
– Track and maintain resource assignments and allocations
– Partner with Field Implementation Team leaders to ensure the proactive assignment of team members to projects and the timely resolution of resources over or under utilization
– Develop staffing action plans for leaves of absences, transfers, promotions, etc.
– Manage the SD&D teams’ skills and interest survey data; complete skills data analysis and define action plans to resolve skills gaps to ensure sufficient capacity and timing to support projects
Strategic and Analytical Thinking
– Create reporting and visuals to display role and skill demand, capacity, utilization rates targets, and other resourcing and skills information
– Analyze data to identify bottlenecks and risks and help develop action plans to resolve resourcing issues
Identify patterns in data and potential causes for concerns such as under/over-utilization of resources
– Create and deliver reports that forecast upcoming staffing needs and identify any skills gaps in JFF resource pools and departments
– Aggregate data across several JFF systems to develop resourcing data and insights; share and present these insights across JFF to ensure sufficient staff to deliver JFF project and grant/award commitments on time and within appropriate cost levels
– Analyze project resourcing actuals versus plan with the goal of improving accuracy of project resourcing estimates by departments and improving delivery
– Work closely with Development and Practice or Center leaders to capture proposal resource demand estimates and apply this data to the Resource forecasting processes
– Partner with SD&D leadership and the People & Culture team to optimize staff headcount and planning decisions
Partner with the Project Management & Execution team to align on project updates (start/end dates, staffing needs, change request impacts, etc.), project risks, etc., to mitigate risks associated with project staffing
Growth and Learning Mindset
– Help develop, improve and evolve Resource Management processes at JFF. Most notably—this role will play a critical role in standing up, administering, and support training for a new Resource Management tool for JFF
– Document and communicate Resource Management processes for use across JFF, including management of the team SharePoint Site and developing Resource Management communications to be displayed in monthly newsletters
– Support continuous improvement activities related to Resource Management, Solutions Desing & Delivery, or other teams, as needed
Who you are
– You bring 5-10 years of overall work experience in a related field with 1-3 years of experience in Resource Management
– RMCP® certification is preferred, but not required
– You bring strong analytical skills including intermediate to advanced level Excel proficiency (e.g., comfort with pivot tables, V-lookups, H-lookups, charting and trending data, etc.), and the ability to find insights and trends in data and define meaningful actions in response to findings
– You bring strengths in verbal and written communication with experience presenting to leadership and collaborating across a matrixed organization to problem solve talent and people resource challenges
– You work well under pressure to meet deadlines and project demands
– You bring experience or familiarity of working with and/or implementing Resource Management tools. Prior experience working with Project Management teams, and with Professional services staffing models preferred
– You possess a positive attitude and a desire to actively partner across the organization to resolve resource challenges
– You enjoy a team setting where your success depends heavily on building relationships and gaining buy-in across the organization
– You possess high energy and passion for JFF’s mission and the ability to apply JFF’s core values to all areas of your work
– You model inclusive leadership, working effectively with colleagues from a diverse range of backgrounds, and building and stewarding an organizational culture that embraces diversity, equity, and inclusion.
– You build positive, effective, collaborative cultures and teams wherever you work
– You are a curious and adaptive learner, with a willingness to take in new information, perspectives and data to inform your work
– You demonstrate a growth mindset and a desire to continuously improve in your work
– You are able and willing to travel up as business needs require (likely 1-4 times annually)
What We Offer
At JFF, we’re fueled by the desire to create a world where everyone has equal opportunity for economic advancement. Our team works hard to push the boundaries of what is possible, and in return, we provide a gratifying work experience, competitive salaries, and a comprehensive benefits program that includes flexibility and choice as core values in order to support people wherever they are in their lives and careers.
The hiring range for this role is $90,000 – $100,000 annually, in alignment to JFF’s Senior Manager salary band and our compensation philosophy. Starting salaries for new hires will be determined based on a combination of the new hire’s relevant experience and market demands.
Diversity, Equity and Inclusion at JFF:
JFF is committed to sustaining a diverse community with a work environment that is welcoming, respectful, and encouraging to all. JFF fosters a culture of inclusion that celebrates and cultivates diversity along multiple dimensions, including race, ethnicity, sex, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, national origin, socioeconomic status, religion, ability, culture, and experience. As part of our commitment to diversity, equity and inclusion, JFF strongly encourages people impacted by the criminal legal system to apply.
We are accepting applications through August 30, 2023. Applications submitted by that date will be reviewed and candidates will receive updates on their candidacy by the week of September 5th.
Positions at JFF are not eligible for employer-visa sponsorship or open to F-1 student visa holders.
All JFF employees are required to be fully up to date on their vaccinations against COVID-19, unless a medical or religious exemption has been requested and a reasonable accommodation approved.
To apply for this job please visit grnh.se.