Website Longwood Collective, Inc.
About Longwood Collective
The Longwood Collective is a non-profit organization that provides programs and services in Boston’s Longwood Medical and Academic Area (LMA). The Longwood Collective and its subsidiary, Masco Services, Inc. support our members, the area’s world-renowned medical, academic, and scientific institutions.
We are driven by our core values to create resourceful solutions, be member-focused, build trusted relationships, deliver excellence, and have an impact through collaboration.
We are seeking a System Administrator in our Boston, MA, offices. This position will join an existing small IT team to ensure our IT systems’ smooth day-to-day operations and security. This position requires strong problem-solving skills and attention to detail in our 24x7x365 environment.
Provide information technology support for the daily operations of the Information Technology (IT) Department for Longwood Collective, it’s subsidiary MASCO Services, Inc. (MSI), and related organization Longwood Medical Area Child Care Center (LMACCC).
- Support the existing network and server infrastructures in a 24x7x365 environment.
- Assist the IT team in developing and implementing policies to enhance security standards.
- Assist with Active Directory administration and Group Policy management.
- Assist with Microsoft 365 cloud services management.
- Handle on-call and after-hours duties on a rotational basis.
- Assist with desktop support, system setup, and employee hire and termination activities.
- Assist the IT team in developing and promoting standard operating procedures.
- Serve as an internal IT consultant/liaison/lead for assigned IT-related projects/topics.
- Research and test assigned new technologies to ensure they work in the appropriate environment.
- Identify issues and suggest solutions to stakeholders.
- Assist with system patching, upgrades, and installations as required.
- Participate as a member of the IT help desk.
- Administrate and maintain Cisco networking equipment.
- Administrate and maintain Microsoft Server systems and Active Directory
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Required Qualifications (unless otherwise noted)
- 4 years of experience in system and network administration and computer operations or a bachelor’s degree with 1-2 years of experience
- Proven knowledge of local area network administration (Cisco and Palo Alto preferred)
- A strong understanding of Microsoft Operating Systems and Active Directory
- Strong knowledge of VMware vSphere administration
- Working technical knowledge of Linux Operating Systems
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with the ability to present clear, concise, and timely communications through multiple methods.
- Ability to multi-task across clients and technologies while maintaining an appropriate level of professionalism and composure.
- Professional interpersonal style; ability to interact and work with a diverse range of people.
- Ability to organize and prioritize tasks to completion in a fast-paced environment while ensuring strong attention to detail.
- Ability and willingness to proactively research and solve issues.
- Excellent time management and ability to prioritize tasks efficiently.
- Ability to work on several different unrelated tasks at the same time. Ability to work under the pressure of sometimes tight deadlines.
- Exhibit a ‘can-do’ attitude and flexible work style approach. Patience and flexibility to meet the challenges of constantly changing demands.
- Ability and willingness to maintain confidentiality at every level.
- Bachelor’s degree in a technical field
- VMware Horizon and Site Recovery Manager experience
- Experience with HIPAA and PCI compliance
Compensation and Benefits
Regular full-time employees enjoy a competitive compensation and benefits package. Some of our benefits include: Medical, dental, and vision coverage
Monthly MBTA subsidy or FREE offsite parking
2 weeks of vacation per year and 6 floating holidays per year
Tuition reimbursement/ professional development
401(k) plan with generous employer contribution
Longwood Collective, Inc. is proud to be an equal-opportunity employer. We value an inclusive work environment that celebrates the diversity represented by our employees and member institutions. Candidates with diverse backgrounds and experience are encouraged to apply.
Please visit https://www.longwoodcollective.org/ for more information.
To apply for this job please visit theapplicantmanager.com.