Audio/Visual Services Manager
Audio/Visual Services Manager
Website Massachusetts Trial Court Massachusetts Trial Court
Massachusetts Trial Court
Title: Audio/Visual Services Manager
Pay Grade: Senior Management 1
Starting Pay: $ 105,858.26
Departmental Mission Statement: Enhance access to justice through the effective use of technology. Partner with Judges and all Court Staff to use technology to speed the delivery of justice. Build a culture that values transparency, collaboration, inclusivity, and continuous improvement.
Notes: This position is designated as Management and is covered by the Personnel Policies and Procedures Manual.
Compensation commensurate with experience. You must upload a resume to your profile to be considered for this position, in addition to completing all the application steps.
First consideration will be given to those applicants that apply within the first 14 days.
This position is currently a hybrid position (subject to change).
Position Summary: As a member of the Judiciary’s Service Delivery Team, the Audio/Visual Services Manager will be responsible for the planning, implementation, and operation of digital services across all court locations. The A/V Services Manager will lead a team dedicated to supporting A/V services within courtrooms as well as digital signage within all courthouses. The A/V Services Manager collaborates closely with A/V architects, implementation vendors, and key stakeholders to design, pilot, and implement next-generation A/V courtrooms across 500 courtrooms and digital signage across 94 courthouses.
Supervision Received: The Audio/Visual Services Manager reports to the Deputy Chief Information Officer for Service Delivery and receives general direction in performing duties in accordance with established guidelines.
• Provide leadership and manage the work activities of direct reports in the area of production support for audio/visual technology, including the implementation of new solutions and enhancement of existing system.
• Support the DCIO of Service Delivery in the development of operating budget, annual team goals and in creating a culture of collaboration, continuous learning, and development
• Collaborate with business and key IT stakeholders to plan, prioritize, and schedule implementation of new solutions or repairs, while providing direction and guidance to the staff
• Accountable for availability and performance of the audio/visual solutions, including overseeing the resolution of service impacting incidents and having ownership of the problem management process
• Drives stakeholder satisfaction by delivering quality solutions, reliable support, planned change management, and open communication
• Partner with leaders of other IT disciplines to ensure proposed solutions align with information, technology, infrastructure, business, and security architecture.
• Leverage a mix of resources, including staff, contractors, vendors and business users, to deliver consistent results
• Provide oversight in standards and best practices adherence through reviews of project work, including detailed technical specifications and documentation
• Partner closely with vendors to understand and impact product roadmaps, define processes, and to leverage their expertise
• Perform ongoing analysis to identify opportunities that increase efficiency and quality of service.
• Address requests for technical application services from internal stakeholders and estimate required resources. Negotiate project priorities, functionality, and delivery dates. Resolve issues of competing demands from multiple departments.
• Direct and guide the Audio/Visual Team in accordance with Mass Court policies and procedures. Coach, mentor, and develop direct reports.
• Proactively identify opportunities for system improvement, cost savings, process improvement, and training.
• Perform related duties as required.
Job Competencies: All applicants must be able, through the interview process, to prove efficiency in the following areas:
Ethics and Values: Communicates and demonstrates the ethics and values of the Judicial Branch.
Mission: Understands, upholds, and communicates the Judicial Branch and Information Services missions.
Applied Knowledge: Understands information services operations, specialized tools, applications, and software, with some understanding of the various court departments and divisions
Continuous Learning: Demonstrates a commitment to continuously improve their knowledge of fast-changing computer programs, hardware and software through professional development.
Commitment to Diversity: Promotes an environment of diversity through understanding, respect, and positive communication with persons of varies racial, ethnic, economic and cultural backgrounds.
Customer Service: Conducts oneself in a courteous and professional manner when assisting all employees of the Judiciary, regardless of their position in the Judiciary.
Collaboration: Works with others cooperatively, demonstrating a willingness to be a team player, and contributing to a work environment that focuses on shared departmental goals.
Problem-Solving: Accurately assesses workplace problems in JISD and recommends and facilitates appropriate solutions.
Minimum Requirements: Minimum Requirements/Qualifications
• Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited college or university and (6) six years of applicable technology delivery work experience; (4) years of which must be managing or directly providing A/V production support services; Equivalent combinations of education and/or relevant experience will be considered for meeting the minimum qualifications.
• Demonstrated supervisory ability is strongly preferred;
Additional Qualifications and Skills
• Strong vendor management skills
• Experience with courtroom technologies, FTR is preferred
• Strong management skills, including demonstrated ability to build a comprehensive team and develop individual staff competencies.
• Demonstrated experience providing expert advice and counsel in a respectful manner to all levels of the organization.
• Strong project management skills, the ability to plan, manage and maintain a complex, organization wide program over the longer term.
• Strong listening skills and ability to understand the user perspective while designing solutions that follow organizational policies.
• Demonstrated experience developing and implementing technical education and awareness programs and strategies.
• Ability to adapt to a fast-moving technology landscape and keep pace with the latest thinking and new technologies.
• Excellent understanding of technology and ability to translate complex concepts and terms into language understandable by non-technical individuals.
• Familiarity with ticketing system such as Kace or ServiceNow.
• Ability to manage multiple projects under strict timelines in a demanding and dynamic environment while meeting overall objectives.
• Detail oriented focus on quality work product, with a strong attention to detail including the commitment to proofread for accuracy.
• Excellent collaboration and communication skills.
• Ability to travel to work sites and to assist at emergencies and/or events as needed.
To apply for this job please visit trialcourtjobs.mass.gov.