Senior IT Business Partner
Senior IT Business Partner
Website Massachusetts Trial Court Massachusetts Trial Court
Massachusetts Trial Court
Title: Senior IT Business Partner
Pay Grade: Senior Management 1
Starting Pay: $ 105,858.26
Departmental Mission Statement: Enhance access to justice through the effective use of technology. Partner with Judges and all Court Staff to use technology to speed the delivery of justice. Build a culture that values transparency, collaboration, inclusivity, and continuous improvement.
Notes: This position is designated as Management and is covered by the Personnel Policies and Procedures Manual.
Compensation commensurate with experience. You must upload a resume to your profile to be considered for this position, in addition to completing all the application steps.
First consideration will be given to those applicants that apply within the first 14 days.
This position is currently a hybrid position (subject to change).
Position Summary: As a member of the Judiciary’s Service Delivery Team, the Senior IT Business Partner is responsible for maintaining a positive relationship with customers, identifying customer needs and ensuring that the JISD is committed to the continual improvement of systems and system related processes that impact the courts. Drives work in line with the organization’s mission, operations, structure, and goals, understanding the informal structures and processes of the organization.
Supervision Received: The Senior IT Business Partner reports to the Deputy Chief Information Officer for Service Delivery and receives general direction in performing duties in accordance with established guidelines.
• Establish and maintain solid relationships with key stakeholders in the court functional areas
• Works with court officials to align and understand business strategies and develop plans for court functions
• Works closely with Project Managers on initiating, planning, and executing projects
• Resolve cross-functional opportunities to ensure an exception support level
• Ensure that JISD has the capabilities and resources required to support new investments
• Responsible to foster and lead by example required behaviors within IT communities
• Provides solution with understanding organization-level implications of his or her day-to-day decisions
• Researches and identifies enabling solutions, best practices and technologies to proactively address customer requirements
• Responsible for identifying, monitoring, and responding to risk, issues, and dependencies
• Support the DCIO of Service Delivery in the development of operating budget, annual team goals and in creating a culture of collaboration, continuous learning, and development
• Provide oversight in standards and best practices adherence through reviews of project work, including detailed technical specifications and documentation
• Partner closely with vendors to understand and impact product roadmaps, define processes, and to leverage their expertise
• Perform ongoing analysis to identify opportunities that increase the efficiency and quality of services
• Proactively identify opportunities for system improvement, cost savings, process improvement, and training
• Perform related duties as required
Job Competencies: All applicants must be able, through the interview process, to prove efficiency in the following areas:
Ethics and Values Communicates and demonstrates the ethics and values of the Judicial Branch.
Mission Understands, upholds, and communicates the Judicial Branch and Information Services missions.
Applied Knowledge Understands information services operations, specialized tools, applications, and software, with some understanding of the various court departments and divisions
Continuous Learning Demonstrates a commitment to continuously improve their knowledge of fast-changing applications/programs, hardware and software through professional development.
Commitment to Diversity Promotes an environment of diversity through understanding, respect, and positive communication with persons of varies racial, ethnic, economic and cultural backgrounds.
Customer Service Conducts oneself in a courteous and professional manner when assisting all employees of the Judiciary, regardless of their position in the Judiciary.
Collaboration Works with others cooperatively, demonstrating a willingness to be a team player, and contributing to a work environment that focuses on shared departmental goals.
Problem Solving Accurately assesses workplace problems in JISD and recommends and facilitates appropriate solutions.
Minimum Requirements: Minimum Requirements/Qualifications
• A Bachelor’s Degree in a related field and (5) five years of experience working in progressively responsible information technology positions. Two (2) of the requisite years of experience should be related to IT Service Delivery; ITIL Certified is a plus
• Equivalent combinations of education and relevant experience will be considered for meeting the minimum job requirements.
Additional Qualifications and Skills
• Work requires professional written and verbal communication to present ideas in clear and concise manner and interpersonal skills
• Ability to effectively manage time and multiple projects to meet deadlines
• Ability to communicate technical information to non-technical personnel
• Ability to determine technical problems and to coordinate hardware and/or software solutions
• Ability to motivate teams to produce quality materials within tight timeframes and simultaneously manage several projects
• Professional attitude, enthusiastic, and reliable
• Ability to build and influence strategic vendor partnerships
• Ability to lead and manage technical and analyst resources level of overall service being provided
• Demonstrated strong analytical and problem-solving skills with all management levels
• Understand current market/changing technology trends
• Ability to develop roadmaps containing sequencing of IT solutions working towards the achievement of the business strategies
• Experience managing or directly providing customer support
• Experience with courtroom processes and technologies
• Ability to adapt to a fast-moving technology landscape and keep pace with the latest thinking and new technologies.
• Familiarity with ticketing system such as Kace or ServiceNow.
• Use of a personal vehicle, with mileage reimbursement, to visit work sites and to assist at emergencies and/or events as needed.
To apply for this job please visit trialcourtjobs.mass.gov.