Massachusetts Trial Court
- This position is designated as a union position and is covered by the Collective Bargaining Agreement with O.P.E.I.U., Local 6.
- The hours for this position is 2pm-10pm.
- This position is located in Greenfield, MA.
- This position may be considered essential personnel in certain emergencies and may be required to work outside of regularly scheduled hours, including staying late or coming in early.
- This position will be posted for a total of four weeks.
Position Summary: This series is responsible for performing a variety of duties related to cleaning and the up keeping of orderly conditions of courthouse premises and is responsible for providing custodial and janitorial services. The higher level requires the performance of increasingly more responsible and varied work which requires greater knowledge of cleaning chemicals, surface types, the utilization of power/mechanized cleaning equipment, and providing direction to less senior staff. Employees are hired at the entry level position and are eligible for reclassification to the higher level position titles within this series consistent with the specifications for the higher level position titles.
SUPERVISION RECEIVED: Receives immediate supervision in performing structured but not always routine work. Limited discretion is required.
Custodian I Duties:
• Keeps a building in clean and orderly condition by performing a combination of activities including cleaning assigned areas.
• Maintains the cleanliness and appearance of floors by sweeping, mopping, and vacuuming.
• Washes interior surfaces of buildings such as walls, ceilings, windows, etc. using appropriate supplies and equipment.
• Empties waste receptacles and disposes of refuse.
• Dusts and polishes furniture.
• Performs related duties such as loading and unloading equipment and supplies from vehicles, moving furniture in rooms for special functions or meetings.
• Performs outside duties such as washing windows, sweeping walks, shoveling snow, and picking up trash.
• Performs related duties as required.
Minimum Requirements: These are the minimum requirements necessary to apply for the position of Custodian I
• One to three years’ experience in basic custodial / janitorial duties.
• Ability to perform physical labor and follow oral and written instructions.
• Knowledge of methods followed in building custodial work.
• Knowledge of types and uses of materials, tools, and equipment used in building custodial work.
• Physical stamina and endurance.
To apply for this job please visit trialcourtjobs.mass.gov.