Website Metropolitan Area Planning Council
The Metropolitan Area Planning Council Finance Department is expanding! We are seeking two (2) new senior level Revenue Accountants. The Revenue Accountant assumes primary responsibility for post-award grant accounting, ensuring compliance with funding source administrative guidelines, timely receipt of revenue, accurate submission of financial reports, federal and independent financial audits, and orderly closure of projects. The incumbent will coordinate and provide a wide range of post-award services for the MAPC including but not limited to, time & effort reporting, billing, accounts receivable and accounts payable reconciliations. This position reports to the Director of Finance.
The candidate for this position must have experience managing the finance & accounting functions (accounting, budgeting, control, and reporting) within a diverse entity. The successful candidate will have strong analytical skills and the ability to function in a complex grant-oriented environment.
MAPC is the Regional Planning Agency (RPA) serving the people who live and work in metropolitan Boston. Our strategic priorities are sustainable development, regional collaboration, and fostering an equitable and resilient region. We are guided by our regional plan, MetroCommon2050: Shaping the Region Together. MAPC’s staff includes approximately 100 full-time employees located in downtown Boston in a transit-accessible and bike-friendly office. MAPC has a hybrid schedule, combining time in the office with remote work. MAPC strongly supports the professional development of each and every staff person, believing their growth to be consistent with the best interests of MAPC and the region. We encourage all our staff to develop new ideas to make MAPC’s planning and policy work more relevant and impactful, and to adapt to changing times. This is an opportunity to work in a dynamic, interdisciplinary, and innovative environment with professionals who are committed to building a more sustainable and equitable future for everyone who lives and works in Greater Boston. For more information about MAPC or MetroCommon2050, please visit www.mapc.org
Responsibilities (including but not limited to)
- Administer the establishment of new grant and contract awards into the accounting system.
- Perform post award functions for grants and contracts according to the terms and conditions of the
- sponsor including but not limited to budget and expense analysis, monthly invoicing, financial reporting, labor distribution analysis, and re-budgeting according to project’s terms.
- Perform general accounting related to grants/contracts ensuring compliance with generally accepted accounting principles (GAAP), grantor requirements and Federal and State regulations.
- Monitor assigned grant/project budgets to ensure accuracy, appropriate use of funds, and compliance with MAPC and sponsor policies and procedures.
- Prepare and review grant/contracts reports and balances with project managers, to identify and resolve issues and ensure timely and accurate grants/contract billings and payments for project work.
- Correspond with vendors and respond to inquiries.
- Interpret regulations and applies them to situations encountered in daily interactions with departmental staff.
- Ensure integrity of data in the accounting system.
Work on special projects as assigned.
- May supervise interns.
Candidates for this position should have a Bachelor’s degree with a concentration in Accounting and at least 3 to 5 years of full-time experience in financial management, with at least two or more of the following functions: budgeting, accounting, auditing, management analysis, program evaluation, financial reporting, or statistical reporting of program results.
Successful candidates for this position will demonstrate all or most of the following:
- Experience with grants management, including issuing grants as well as reporting to funders on use of grants.
- Demonstrated track record with leading financial reporting and audits for either a division or significant program area of a nonprofit organization or foundation.
- Working knowledge of U.S. GAAP.
- Working knowledge of project management and accounting systems.
- Proficiency in MS Office Suite programs, with a strong command of Excel.
Per MAPC COVID-19 Vaccine Policy, the selected candidate is required to be up-to-date with COVID-19 vaccinations, as defined by the CDC, by the agreed upon start date. See COVID-19 Vaccine Booster Shots | CDC.
Compensation and Benefits:
The salary ranges from $72,000-$85,000, depending on qualifications and experience. This is a full-time exempt position. MAPC offers excellent Massachusetts state employee benefits as well as a flexible, supportive, and family-friendly work environment and a commitment to continued professional development.
How to Apply:
Apply online at www.mapc.org/jobs. The position is open until filled, and applications are reviewed on a rolling basis. Interested candidates should submit a cover letter and resume. Candidates selected to interview will be asked to submit three (3) references plus a sample of relevant writing or work product. Candidates must have legal authorization to work in the USA and a valid driver’s license and/or the ability to arrange transportation to meetings in different parts of the region. MAPC participates in E-Verify, which is a federal program that helps us to determine work eligibility in the United States. A Criminal Offenders Records Information (CORI) request must be completed if offered this position. However, a criminal record is not an automatic bar to employment but will be reviewed in relation to the job applied for.
MAPC is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We believe that a staff with a range of perspectives, experiences, and skillsets strengthens our work. We are committed to building a more equitable workplace that allows staff with diverse backgrounds and identities to thrive, grow, and lead. For more information on MAPC’s culture of equity, see our Equity at MAPC page.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com