Human Resources Associate
Human Resources Associate
Website Rian Immigrant Center
New England's Welcome Center for Immigrants and Refugees
HUMAN RESOURCES ASSOCIATE
PART TIME – EXEMPT: 20 Hours per week**
The Rian Immigrant Center is seeking an experienced Human Resources Associate to support our organizational culture and HR management in alignment with our values. Primary responsibilities include working closely with our Director of People and Systems to ensure that our Human Resources practices and procedures are aligned with our mission, vision, and values.
· Support the mission and values of Rian by demonstrating a commitment to social justice and equity; actively participating in Rian’s efforts toward being an anti-racist organization; and value, promote, and integrate anti-racist ideas and policies into our work.
· With an eye towards staff wellness and retention, help cultivate a safe and welcoming organizational culture in which all employees (and their families!) feel a sense of belonging, respect and value.
· Organize our annual employee Day and other regular formal and informal activities that foster team-building and a chance to celebrate the positive impacts of our work together.
· Support building systems to collect employee feedback in the interest of continuous improvement to support data driven decisions.
Recruitment and Employment
· Support the recruitment and employment process, including:
o Manage the timely and effective recruitment of staff, providing support as needed to hiring managers on recruiting efforts, posting announcements on-line, selection and interviewing, reference checking, finalizing terms of employment, and the job offer process.
o Help to continuously improve our recruitment, employment, and retention process to ensure alignment with our antiracism values
· Review, update, clarify, and interpret the organization’s personnel policies and provide recommendations for improvement.
· Ensure the flow of timely and helpful information to staff about policies, procedures, staff-wide events and related organizational matters.
· Administer Rian’s benefits plans
Performance and Development
· Support tracking of performance management and staff development
· Survey managers and staff as to professional development needs, collecting information on professional development opportunities (trainings, webinars, DVDs, certificate programs, etc.) of interest to staff.
· Commitment to the overall mission and values of Rian
· Experience or demonstrated interest in Human Resources, including academic studies, internships, and/or work experience
· Practical experience working on issues of equity, diversity and inclusion strongly preferred
· Experience working a small to medium sized nonprofit organization preferred.
· Strong planning and organizational skills, with great attention to detail and follow-up
· Ability to problem-solve, take initiative, and think creatively
· Excellent interpersonal and communications skills, with the ability to interact effectively with a diverse staff.
· Ability to address complex and sensitive issues with confidentiality, good judgment and professionalism.
· Ability to use spreadsheets and databases to manipulate data and create meaningful reports.
Reports to: Ilona Drew, Director of People and Systems
How to Apply: Please send a cover letter and resume as a PDF to firstname.lastname@example.org with HR Associate as the subject line.
** Opportunity to apply for full time role combining this position with the Education Services Program Associate position – please email email@example.com for more information!
Rian Immigrant Center is committed to a policy of providing equal employment opportunities for all and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ethnic or national origin, creed or religion, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital status, age, veteran status, or physical or mental disability. We encourage applications from all those interested and qualiﬁed.
ABOUT RIAN IMMIGRANT CENTER
Rian Immigrant Center offers a comprehensive, multi-service approach to supporting families from more than 126 countries. Rian provides the immigration legal, resource and support services, and educational support immigrants need to gain stability, security, and build pathways to success. Rian was founded in 1989 by a group of immigrants, and we have assisted over 40,000 immigrants make successful transitions to new beginnings in New England.
In addition to our services, rooted in the tradition of welcoming others and social justice, we help newcomers ﬁnd community, and stand up for immigration policies that are humane and just. We are proud to continue the tradition of welcoming immigrants to this country and working together to create a better future for all. Rian strives to intentionally create an environment for staff, individuals we serve and others, that fosters intercultural belonging, and is anti-racist and equitable. We are committed to valuing and promoting anti-racist ideas and policies.
Working at Rian: Our staﬀ of thirty-plus; immigration attorneys, social workers, educators, youth workers and others, bring enthusiasm and a commitment to our mission and the work at the Center. We work as one team. Our generous beneﬁts package includes a hybrid work environment with flexible worktime, health beneﬁts, 20 vacation days, 15 holidays, 5 sick days, a 403(b) plan, and occasional oﬀ-site community building time together.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org