TEMPORARY Development Assistant
TEMPORARY Development Assistant
Website Rian Immigrant Center
Creating pathways to new beginnings
TEMPORARY DEVELOPMENT ASSISTANT
PART TIME – EXEMPT: 24 Hours per week
TEMPORARY: May 1 through October 31, 2022 (flexible start date)
Flexible working hours (within MF 9am-5pm EST)
Remote optional/hybrid preferred
The Rian Immigrant Center is seeking a Temporary Development Assistant to support the overall fundraising priorities of the organization. The Assistant serves as a key partner to the development team working closely with the Manager of Donor Relations, the Director of Foundation Relations, and the Executive Director, to maintain efficient and effective development operations.
In this role, the Temporary Development Assistant will support the team and assist with event coordination, donor relations and communications, recordkeeping, and database management.
· Support the mission and values of Rian by demonstrating a commitment to social justice and equity; actively participating in Rian’s efforts toward being an anti-racist organization; and value, promote, and integrate anti-racist ideas and policies into our work.
· Acknowledging incoming gifts received from individual and corporate donors
· Providing logistical support for donor meetings and small events
· Assisting the development team with research to support strategic donor engagement
· Managing the development team’s records in Salesforce CRM, which includes updating information on gifts, contacts, and campaigns
· Assist in coordinating attendance, sponsorship, and sponsor recognition for Rian’s major fundraising events, including the annual Solas Awards Celebration
· Supporting other aspects of the planning and execution of major fundraisers, for example silent auction, fund-a-need, and program elements
· Other administrative tasks and internal duties as needed
· Commitment to the overall mission and values of the Rian Immigrant Center
· Bachelor’s Degree preferred
· Very high attention to detail and strong organizational skills
· Ability to work independently and proactive approach to problem solving
· Strong oral and written communication skills, including proofreading/editing
· Ability to work well within a team structure
· Strong computer proficiency
· Proficiency in Microsoft Office
· Experience with donor/customer management software, Salesforce preferred
Status: Temporary position. Part-time, exempt.
Reports to: Priya Murali, Manager of Donor Relations
How to Apply: Please send a cover letter and resume as a PDF to firstname.lastname@example.org with Development Assistant as the subject line.
Rian Immigrant Center is committed to a policy of providing equal employment opportunities for all and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ethnic or national origin, creed or religion, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital status, age, veteran status, or physical or mental disability. We encourage applications from all those interested and qualiﬁed.
ABOUT RIAN IMMIGRANT CENTER
Rian Immigrant Center offers a comprehensive, multi-service approach to supporting families from more than 126 countries. Rian provides the immigration legal, resource and support services, and educational support immigrants need to gain stability, security, and build pathways to success. Rian was founded in 1989 by a group of immigrants, and we have assisted over 40,000 immigrants make successful transitions to new beginnings in New England.
In addition to our services, rooted in the tradition of welcoming others and social justice, we help newcomers ﬁnd community, and stand up for immigration policies that are humane and just. We are proud to continue the tradition of welcoming immigrants to this country and working together to create a better future for all. Rian strives to intentionally create an environment for staff, individuals we serve and others, that fosters intercultural belonging, and is anti-racist and equitable. We are committed to valuing and promoting anti-racist ideas and policies.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com