Website Rian Immigrant Center
Creating pathways to new beginnings
Part-time: 20-24 hours per week – mostly flexible hours!
The ESOL Instructor will teach 2 ESOL courses in our Education Services program, both in-person (Boston, MA) and virtual.
Required time commitments:
Level 1 ESOL Course: Tuesday & Thursday 10am – 12pm
Level 1 ESOL Course: Monday & Wednesday from 6pm – 8pm OR Tuesday & Thursday from 6pm – 8pm (the successful candidate could choose the combination of days that work best for them)
Preferred time commitments:
Tuesday & Thursday 4pm – 5pm
Beyond that, the candidate can work with the Director of Education Services to build the schedule that works for them!
- Lesson plan, teach and grade assignments for 2 online ESOL courses (8 contact hours/week) each semester in accordance with Rian curriculum guidelines
- Coordinate and administer standardized ESOL assessments throughout the the school year, both remotely and in-person, as needed by students
- Work collaboratively with the Educations Services team to support and refer students as needed to internal and external programs and services
- Review and process student intakes and monitor incoming calls inquiring class information and enrollment
- Perform other administrative tasks as assigned by the Director of Education Services, such as managing the classes database (Salesforce campaigns) and attendance sheets
- Participate in team meetings, anti-racism working group meetings, and all-staff meetings
Collaborate with Director of Education on bi-monthly internal reports, grant reporting, assessment, program development
- Demonstrate a commitment to social justice and equity; actively participate in Rian’s efforts toward being an anti-racist organization; and value, promote, and integrate anti-racist ideas and policies into one’s work
- Commitment to the overall mission and values of the Rian Immigrant Center
- A minimum of 2 years’ experience teaching ESOL to adults in a community-based setting
- Good leadership, communication, organizational and time management skills
- Ability to handle multiple assignments, meet deadlines, and work well both independently and in a team environment
- Proficiency with Google Suite as well as online teaching/learning platforms
- Ability to handle sensitive and confidential matters with the highest level of discretion
- MA or certification in adult TESOL, preferred
- Proficiency in a language other than English, (especially Spanish, French or Haitian Creole) preferred
Reports to: Director, Education Services
How to Apply: Please send a cover letter and resume as a PDF to firstname.lastname@example.org with Hybrid ESOL Instructor as the subject line.
Rian Immigrant Center is committed to a policy of providing equal employment opportunities for all and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ethnic or national origin, creed or religion, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital status, age, veteran status, or physical or mental disability. We encourage applications from all those interested and qualiﬁed.
ABOUT RIAN IMMIGRANT CENTER
Rian Immigrant Center offers a comprehensive, multi-service approach to supporting families from more than 126 countries. Rian provides the immigration legal, resource and support services, and educational support immigrants need to gain stability, security, and build pathways to success. Rian was founded in 1989 by a group of immigrants, and we have assisted over 40,000 immigrants make successful transitions to new beginnings in New England.
In addition to our services, rooted in the tradition of welcoming others and social justice, we help newcomers ﬁnd community, and stand up for immigration policies that are humane and just. We are proud to continue the tradition of welcoming immigrants to this country and working together to create a better future for all. Rian strives to intentionally create an environment for staff, individuals we serve and others, that fosters intercultural belonging, and is anti-racist and equitable. We are committed to valuing and promoting anti-racist ideas and policies.
Working at Rian: Our staﬀ of thirty; immigration attorneys, social workers, educators, youth workers and others, bring enthusiasm and a commitment to our mission and the work at the Center. We work as one team. Our generous benefits package includes a hybrid work environment with flexible worktime, health benefits, 20 vacation days, 15 holidays, 5 sick days, a 403(b) plan, and occasional off-site community building time together.
To apply for this job email your details to Career@riancenter.org