Bilingual Social Worker
Bilingual Social Worker
Website Rian Immigrant Center
Creating pathways to new beginnings
Bilingual Social Worker
FULL TIME – EXEMPT: 40 Hours per week
** This position is intended to be filled by someone with an LCSW or LICSW. However, we encourage candidates with an MSW who feel prepared to take the LCSW exam within the next month or so to apply! If selected, Rian will reimburse the exam registration fee and licensure fee for the successful candidate once the exam is passed and licensure obtained. Please email email@example.com if you have any questions**
The Rian Immigrant Center is seeking a full-time licensed clinical social worker (LCSW or LICSW) who will provide culturally responsive, short-term, and long-term counseling, advocacy and accompaniment, and support group facilitation with adult immigrant clients. The social worker will work with clients from diverse countries and backgrounds, but will be primarily focused on serving our clients who speak other languages as a first language. In addition, the SW will supervise BSW & MSW interns and participate in program coordination and planning to support strong collaboration across all Rian programs.
Direct Client-focused Work
- Advocacy and Accompaniment
- Provide trauma-informed initial intakes, needs assessments and referrals, assist in scheduling appointments and provide advocacy and accompaniment resources and services
- Support colleagues as able in responding to the urgent or unanticipated needs of clients
- Provide short term and longer term client-centered, strengths-based and trauma-informed counseling services to adult immigrant individuals and families for a variety of mental health needs including anxiety, depression, homesickness, loneliness, isolation and other trauma-related conditions
- Coordinate counseling efforts with external mental health and/or medical professionals and act as a liaison between clients and service providers
- In collaboration with clients, formulate and work toward identified goals and objectives and track progress over time in client Salesforce record
- Maintain up to date client records and contact notes in Salesforce for all client-related work.
- Identify and share with team relevant resources for RSS client work
- Participate in biweekly team and peer supervision meetings; contribute to the collaborative agendas to guide client focused discussions and program strategy
Intern Coordination and Supervision
- Manage social work intern program, including:
- Oversee sourcing, recruitment, selection, and onboarding of undergraduate and graduate interns, specifically focusing on creating pathways for students with lived immigrant experience
- Provide one on one supportive supervision and evaluation of interns
- Collaborate with undergraduate and graduate schools to facilitate mutual learning/learning exchange
- Coordinate with director to assign client referrals to interns
Program Coordination & Leadership
- Support the mission and values of Rian by demonstrating a commitment to social justice and equity; actively participating in Rian’s efforts toward being an anti-racist organization; and value, promote, and integrate anti-racist ideas and policies into our work
- In collaboration with RSS director, develop and manage RSS client support groups and topic focused workshops
- Oversee the development, coordination, and expansion of Spanish-speaking women’s psychosocial support group
- Develop informational and educational client workshops based on needs assessments
- Build relationships and referral pathways with community mental health centers and private therapists who can provide culturally-informed and linguistically aligned client services
- In collaboration with other departments, oversee compilation and organization of a shared resource database
- Support director and RSS manager with coordination, decision making, and distribution of client financial assistance
- A commitment to the overall mission and values of the Rian Immigrant Center.
- A Master’s degree in Social Work from an accredited university is required. LCSW or LICSW in the state of MA preferred; however we will support candidates seeking licensure.
- Bilingual in Spanish OR Haitian Creole; and English, with the ability to read, write, and communicate verbally in both languages required.
- Commitment to and experience in working with and providing services to a wide range of racial and ethnic populations.
- Some experience with supervision of interns is preferred, however supervision training will be available to the right candidate.
- Some familiarity with immigration law and policy is preferred.
- Advanced interpersonal skills necessary to interact effectively with various healthcare professionals and to develop and maintain effective therapeutic relationships with individuals and families.
- Knowledge of community resources and agencies that serve immigrant and refugee populations.
- Ability to use Google Suite applications, and basic Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, Outlook).
- Familiarity with Salesforce is a bonus!
- Knowledge of telemedicine services preferred.
Reports to: Resource and Support Services Director, Sarah Bayer.
Salary Range: $65,000-$70,000
How to Apply: Please send a cover letter and resume as a PDF to firstname.lastname@example.org with Clinical Social Worker as the subject line.
Rian Immigrant Center is committed to a policy of providing equal employment opportunities for all and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ethnic or national origin, creed or religion, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital status, age, veteran status, or physical or mental disability. We encourage applications from all those interested and qualified.
ABOUT RIAN IMMIGRANT CENTER
Rian Immigrant Center offers a comprehensive, multi-service approach to supporting families from more than 126 countries. Rian provides the immigration legal, resource and support services, and educational support immigrants need to gain stability, security, and build pathways to success. Rian was founded in 1989 by a group of immigrants, and we have assisted over 40,000 immigrants make successful transitions to new beginnings in New England.
In addition to our services, rooted in the tradition of welcoming others and social justice, we help newcomers find community, and stand up for immigration policies that are humane and just. We are proud to continue the tradition of welcoming immigrants to this country and working together to create a better future for all. Rian strives to intentionally create an environment for staff, individuals we serve and others, that fosters intercultural belonging, and is anti-racist and equitable. We are committed to valuing and promoting anti-racist ideas and policies.
Working at Rian: Our staff of thirty-plus; immigration attorneys, social workers, educators, youth workers and others, bring enthusiasm and a commitment to our mission and the work at the Center. We work as one team. Our generous benefits package includes a hybrid work environment with flexible hybrid worktime, health benefits, 20 vacation days, 15 holidays, 5 sick days, a 403(b) plan, and occasional off-site community building time together.
We are looking for candidates who can bring their knowledge, either through lived or work experience, to the unique needs of undocumented and DACAmented students, trauma-survivors, and immigrants whose status is at risk.
To apply for this job email your details to Career@riancenter.org