Manager of Operations
Manager of Operations
Website Rian Immigrant Center
New England's Welcome Center for Immigrants and Refugees
MANAGER OF OPERATIONS
FULL TIME – EXEMPT: 40 Hours per week
The Rian Immigrant Center is seeking a skilled Manager of Operations to support our team’s systems, technology, and facilities management. This position works closely with the Director of People and Systems to ensure that all day-to-day operations of Rian run efficiently and effectively, supporting a robust range of programs and functions in alignment with Rian’s mission, policies, procedures, and budget.
· Support the mission and values of Rian by demonstrating a commitment to social justice and equity; actively participating in Rian’s efforts toward being an anti-racist organization; and value, promote, and integrate anti-racist ideas and policies into our work.
· Responsible for ensuring that Rian’s technology infrastructure (internet, email, server, phones, CRM) meets Rian’s business needs and is highly available, secure and easy to use, including:
o Support in research, selection, procurement and use of hardware and software organization-wide
o Manage the IT service provider relationship to ensure high availability and quality, responsive service related to supporting network databases and systems, updating system hardware and software, troubleshooting for system errors, and supporting all data security and optimization.
o Administer Rian’s Google suite of applications, websites, hosting server, and DNS names
o Support 24/7 availability of Rian’s CRM database (Salesforce) including maintenance, upgrades and new functionality, data reporting, and new functionality
o Support 24/7 availability of email, Internet access and file/data storage system
o Ensure Rian has a functional phone system, with the appropriate user and admin documentation, and training for all relevant staff, interns and volunteers.
o Ensure the copier, scanner and fax machines are functioning and well maintained.
· Support any projects surrounding improvements to facilities
· Work with Director of People and Systems, employees, and outside consultants to develop and document health and safety protocols, and communicate them to employees.
· Ensure Rian has a rigorous system for receiving incoming mail and processing outgoing mail.
· Commitment to the overall mission and values of Rian
· 1-2 years of relevant experience including management of technology and/or operations
· Experience working a small to medium sized nonprofit organization preferred.
· Excellent interpersonal and communications skills, with the ability to interact effectively with a diverse staff.
· Interest in building and maintaining organizational systems
· Project management experience or interest
· Strong planning and organizational skills, with great attention to detail and follow-up
· Ability to problem-solve, take initiative, and think creatively
· Ability to handle a variety of constituencies, manage multiple tasks simultaneously and thrive in a complex environment with multiple priorities
Reports to: Ilona Drew, Director of People and Systems
How to Apply: Please send a cover letter and resume as a PDF to firstname.lastname@example.org with Manager of Operations as the subject line.
Rian Immigrant Center is committed to a policy of providing equal employment opportunities for all and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ethnic or national origin, creed or religion, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital status, age, veteran status, or physical or mental disability. We encourage applications from all those interested and qualiﬁed.
ABOUT RIAN IMMIGRANT CENTER
Rian Immigrant Center offers a comprehensive, multi-service approach to supporting families from more than 126 countries. Rian provides the immigration legal, resource and support services, and educational support immigrants need to gain stability, security, and build pathways to success. Rian was founded in 1989 by a group of immigrants, and we have assisted over 40,000 immigrants make successful transitions to new beginnings in New England.
In addition to our services, rooted in the tradition of welcoming others and social justice, we help newcomers ﬁnd community, and stand up for immigration policies that are humane and just. We are proud to continue the tradition of welcoming immigrants to this country and working together to create a better future for all. Rian strives to intentionally create an environment for staff, individuals we serve and others, that fosters intercultural belonging, and is anti-racist and equitable. We are committed to valuing and promoting anti-racist ideas and policies.
Working at Rian: Our staﬀ of thirty-plus; immigration attorneys, social workers, educators, youth workers and others, bring enthusiasm and a commitment to our mission and the work at the Center. We work as one team. Our generous beneﬁts package includes a hybrid work environment with flexible worktime, health beneﬁts, 20 vacation days, 15 holidays, 5 sick days, a 403(b) plan, and occasional oﬀ-site community building time together.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com