Development Communications Manager
Development Communications Manager
Website Team IMPACT
Team IMPACT is a national nonprofit that promotes healthy social and emotional development for children and families struggling with the emotional trauma that comes with fighting life-altering diagnoses and chronic illnesses. Team IMPACT is the only nonprofit that leverages team camaraderie to ensure sick kids develop socially and never feel alone. Our unique 2-year program drafts children onto college athletic teams across the country. Based on a clinical model, it ensures each has the personalized game plan they need to win – effectively building confidence and independence. The team provides an extended support network for the children and their families using a strengths-based, future-focused perspective. Even the most advanced treatments don’t stop kids from being treated differently. We believe in Getting All Kids in the Game.
To date, Team IMPACT has matched over 2,400 kids on over 750 campuses, and 60,000 student-athletes have participated in the program. Founded in Boston in 2011, Team IMPACT has since grown to have regional offices in Philadelphia, California, and Chicago, with ambitious plans for additional growth in the future.
Team IMPACT is committed to advancing health equity and cultivating an environment where diverse perspectives and backgrounds are embraced. Building a diverse team in every sense of the word allows us to make better decisions, build a strong organization, and better serve all our communities. To that end, we welcome a diverse pool of applicants, and we encourage everyone to bring their authentic selves to this hiring process and their role at Team IMPACT.
The Development Communications Manager builds marketing and comms. collateral, and stewardship pieces assist with grants/proposals and copywriting support, for our development team nationally as well as supports all events, including our annual Game Day Gala.
This position works with the broader Development and Marketing teams to ensure the consistency of messages and a cohesive communication strategy across all channels. Reporting directly to the Chief Revenue Officer, this position is a vital member of the Development team and a key liaison with the marketing department, specifically the Associate Director of Communications, where direct collaboration will be essential to deliver critical marketing support and high-quality collateral.
Development Communications & Marketing
- Responsible for all donor (current and perspective) outreach initiatives, collateral, proposals, stewardship pieces, and marketing materials for the development team with a strong focus on
development copy. Also includes website copywriting (development only), monthly blog posts, donor social media presence, and others; creating collateral (print and digital), including annual impact reports, and others as needed, including graphic design and others; ensuring consistent branding and messaging across all communications.
- Create and manage a multi-tiered stewardship strategy, equipping regional teams with the templates and tools required to recognize donors at all levels.
- Support writing and some design for development events, including our Game Day Gala as well as a growing calendar of events across the country.
- Work directly with our communications lead to ensure that you are leading with our brand guidelines and brand voice at the forefront of all that you create.
- Interpersonal skills, conflict resolution, accountability, and comfortability working with all levels, both internally and externally.
WRITING & DESIGN
- Serve as primary copywriter for Development team, including Case(s) for Giving, acknowledgment letters, stewardship reports, proposals, and emails as needed
- Work hand in hand with the Associate Director of Communications to ensure all work is following already created brand strategy, guidelines, and voice.
- In collaboration with primary Gift Officers, produce final documents for family, corporate, and foundation proposals; update design templates as needed.
- Write, design, and manage stewardship reports, including Annual Investors Report for major donors and prospects.
- Produce collateral for comprehensive Giving Campaigns, managed in collaboration with Marketing team as well as the National and/or Regional Director of Development.
- Provide writing support for press releases and partnership announcements as needed.
- Lead grant reporting in collaboration with other departments, ensuring all grants are properly stewarded and reported on.
- Support execution of overall development communications – in line with overarching Brand Comms. strategy – so donors and stakeholders understand the organization’s value proposition, helping Team IMPACT achieve long-term development and programmatic goals.
- Serve as communications strategist for internal departments—with a focus on the philanthropic audience, including major gifts, individual giving, foundations, and corporate/cause marketing —helping individuals and departments solve business challenges and meet goals.
- In collaboration with Marketing, manage the content calendar to ensure clear and balanced donor communication, both internally and externally.
- Ensure implementation of tracking/reporting models to evaluate results and leverage key learnings; provide regular data build-out on success.
- Manage event branding and produce collateral for 30+ development/marketing events annually, across a wide array of audience types, including Donors; Board Members; Corporate Partners; Foundations; Young Professionals; Fellows; and more.
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Communications, or a related field.
- Minimum of 5-7 years of experience in a Marketing or Communications role.
- Excellent copywriting skills, editing, storytelling, and verbal communication skills.
- Email comms. experience – Marketo platform preferred.
- Superior attention to detail, including strong editing skills.
- Adobe Creative Suite experience, specifically InDesign or Illustrator, or Photoshop. As well as Canva.
- Working knowledge of Salesforce.
- Exceptional time management, project management (simultaneous with multiple projects), and organizational skills.
- Demonstrated ability to work autonomously and effectively without close supervision.
Preferred Experience and Qualifications
- Experience in a nonprofit/development setting
- Knowledge of Team IMPACT’s mission and programs.
- Commitment to work in partnership with all constituent groups, including staff, Board, volunteers, donors, community partners, and other supporters.
- Highly collaborative style; experience developing and implementing communications strategies.
- Nimble and able to change course quickly.
- Ability to create content, keeping in mind multiple target audiences.
- Serve as a unifying force, and able to speak on behalf of comms strategy and implementation.
- Self-starter, able to work independently, and entrepreneurial; enjoys creating and implementing new initiatives.
- Experience managing outside vendors and consultants.
- Ability to work under pressure and manage multiple projects at once, as well as across departments.
- Experience developing communications plan that utilizes limited resources to achieve goals.
- Ability to work independently in the context of a geographically distributed team.
Team IMPACT was certified as a Great Place to Work in 2021 and 2020: Working at Team IMPACT | Great Place to Work® and was named one of Front Office Sports’ Best Employers in Sports, recognizing our organization for doing the best for our team based on objective measures and employee feedback. Remote work is available to those outside of our region. Massachusetts-based applicants are currently remote, but office visits may be required in the future.
We are proud to offer competitive salary and benefits, including 100% employer-paid health, dental, and vision insurance, 401k w/an Employer match, generous PTO structure, and position title(s) that are all commensurate with experience and skills.
HOW TO APPLY
Please click here to apply and attach a resume and cover letter. Writing and design samples must be included with the application. Please note the role as “Dev Comms Manager” where applicable. Materials can be addressed to Shanna Gershman, Chief Revenue Officer.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org