Team IMPACT is a national nonprofit that promotes healthy social and emotional development for children and families struggling with the emotional trauma that comes with fighting life-altering diagnoses and chronic illness. Team IMPACT is the only nonprofit that leverages team camaraderie to ensure sick kids develop socially and never feel alone. Our unique 2-year program drafts children onto college athletic teams across the country. Based on a clinical model, it ensures each has the personalized game plan they need to win – effectively building confidence and independence. The team provides an extended support network for the children and their families using a strengths-based, future-focused perspective. Because even the most advanced treatments don’t stop kids from being treated differently. We believe in Getting All Kids in the Game.
To date, Team IMPACT has matched over 2,400 kids on over 750 campuses, and 60,000 student-athletes have participated in the program.
The Intake Coordinator will play an integral role in helping to match as many children as possible to college athletic teams. This position will be the first point of contact for new families signing up for Team IMPACT and will complete the initial intake and assessment for participation. S/he will steward families and teams through intake and the initial stage of the match-up process. This role calls for a candidate who is driven to hit ambitious goals for growing our program and is an excellent communicator and relationship builder.
In order to achieve the preceding outcomes, this hire will:
- Introduce the Team IMPACT program on initial calls with families that express interest and conduct a comprehensive biopsychosocial assessment to determine program eligibility and desired team characteristics.
- Steward on-boarding process with families, ensuring that all necessary documents are signed and returned.
- Collaborate with Match Up Specialists to ensure smooth transition from the intake process to the match-up process.
- Represent Team IMPACT at events targeting families, athletic programs, or hospital partners.
- Update and maintain data within our CRM system (Salesforce).
Skills and Qualifications
As incoming Intake Coordinator, you will possess many, though perhaps not all, of the following characteristics and qualifications:
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Child Life or Social Work
- Strong relationship building skills, and experience building and maintaining partnerships between organizations
- Spanish language fluency desirable
- Passion for our mission and a belief in the power of sports, mentoring, and relationships in helping families experiencing medical trauma and life-altering diagnoses
- Proven experience in project management and a highly organized work style
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills are essential and include:
o Effective presentation skills
o Active listening habits
o Knowledge of and comfort with advanced interviewing techniques
- Sound professional judgment
- Ideal candidates will be flexible, coachable, resourceful, and resilient and will thrive in a fast-paced, collaborative team environment
- Strong skill set in Microsoft Office software suite and proficiency in corporate communications technology, including MS Teams and Zoom.
- Experience working with a CRM database (Salesforce experience preferred)
Benefits and Culture
Team IMPACT is committed to advancing health equity and cultivating an environment where diverse perspectives and backgrounds are embraced. Building a diverse team in every sense of the word allows us to make better decisions, build a strong organization, and better serve all our communities. To that end, we welcome all applicants, and we encourage everyone to bring their authentic selves to this hiring process and their role at Team IMPACT.
Team IMPACT offers an award-winning culture, with industry-leading benefits, work-life balance, and team-focused support, on and off the field. Team IMPACT was certified as a Great Place to Work in 2021 AND 2022 by the global authority on workplace culture: Working at Team IMPACT | Great Place to Work®. We were also recently named one of Front Office Sports’ Best Employers in Sports, recognizing our organizations for doing the best for their team – an award based on objective measures and employee feedback.
We are proud to offer competitive salary and benefits, including 100% employer-paid health, dental, and vision insurance, 401k w/an Employer match, generous PTO structure, and position title(s) that are all commensurate with experience and skills. Team IMPACT’s main headquarters are in Marina Bay in Quincy, Massachusetts, a few miles outside of Boston. This position is currently remote due to COVID- 19, however, when and if our office reopens, this position may require some work to be performed at our main office.
How to Apply
Please click here to apply. Attach a resume and cover letter, outlining how your skills and experience in Word or PDF format. Applications for this position will be reviewed on a rolling basis. Materials can be addressed to Amy VanRyn, National Director of Programs. Please note the role as “Intake Coordinator” where applicable.
To apply for this job please visit www.cognitoforms.com.