Match Up Specialist
Match Up Specialist
Team IMPACT is a national nonprofit that promotes healthy social and emotional development for children and families struggling with the emotional trauma that comes with fighting life altering diagnoses and chronic illness. Team IMPACT is the only nonprofit that leverages team camaraderie to ensure sick kids develop socially and never feel alone. Our unique 2-year program drafts children onto college athletic teams across the country, and based on a clinical model, ensures each has the personalized game plan they need to win – effectively building confidence and independence. The team provides an extended support network for the children and their families using a strengths-based, future-focused perspective. Because even the most advanced treatments don’t stop kids from being treated differently. We believe in Getting All Kids in the Game.
To date, Team IMPACT has matched over 2,200 kids on over 750 campuses, and 60,000 student athletes have participated in the program. Founded in Boston in 2011, Team IMPACT has since grown to have regional offices in Chicago, Philadelphia, and Los Angeles, with plans for additional regions being added in 2022 and beyond.
The Match Up Specialist will play an integral role in helping to match as many children as possible to college athletic teams. This position will be the first point of contact for new families signing up for Team IMPACT and will complete the initial intake and assessment for participation. S/he will steward families and teams through each step of the match up process in the South and Southeast and support other regions as needed. This role calls for a candidate who is driven to hit ambitious goals for growing our program and is an excellent communicator and relationship builder.
In order to achieve the preceding outcomes, this hire will:
- Introduce the Team IMPACT program on initial calls with families that express interest and conduct comprehensive biopsychosocial assessment to determine program eligibility and desired team characteristics.
- Conduct a similar introductory call with college athletic team(s) to help facilitate a match.
- Lead trainings for college athletic teams related to best practices in serving as a mentor and the specific game plan for the child joining their team.
- Steward on-boarding and match-up processes with both family and team, ensuring that all necessary documents are signed and returned, all questions answered, team training administered, and both the family and team are fully prepared to begin their relationship.
- Collaborate with Case Managers to ensure smooth transition from the match-up process to ongoing match support.
- Represent Team IMPACT at events targeting families, athletic programs, or hospital partners.
- Gather feedback from families and athletic partners to inform continuous program improvement and to maximize the efficiency of the match-up process.
- Update and maintain data within our CRM system (Salesforce).
Skills and Qualifications
As incoming Match Up Specialist, you will possess many, though perhaps not all, of the following characteristics and qualifications:
- Background in medical or social work environment preferred; Experience working in college athletics also desirable
- Strong relationship building skills, and experience building and maintaining partnerships between organizations
- Spanish language fluency desirable
- Passion for our mission and a belief in the power of sports, mentoring and relationships in helping families experiencing medical trauma and life-altering diagnoses
Proven experience in project management and a highly organized work style
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills are essential and include:
- Effective presentation skills
- Active listening habits
- Knowledge of and comfort with advanced interviewing techniques
- Sound professional judgment
- Ideal candidates will be flexible, coachable, resourceful and resilient and will thrive in a fast-paced, collaborative team environment
- Strong skill set in Microsoft Office 365 tools and software. Experience working with a CRM database (Salesforce experience preferred)
BENEFITS and CULTURE
Team IMPACT offers a competitive salary and benefits, including health insurance, 401k w/match, and a generous PTO structure, and position title(s) that are all commensurate with experience and skills. Team IMPACT’s main headquarters are in Marina Bay in Quincy, Massachusetts, a few miles outside of Boston. This position is currently remote due to COVID-19, however upon return to the office, this position will require work to be performed at our main office.
Team IMPACT was certified as a Great Place to Work in 2021, the global authority on workplace culture. Working at Team IMPACT | Great Place to Work® and was recently named one of Front Office Sports’ Best Employers in Sports, recognizing our organizations for doing the best for their team – a metric based on objective measures and employee feedback.
Team IMPACT is committed to advancing health equity and cultivating an environment where diverse perspectives and backgrounds are embraced. Building a diverse team in every sense of the word allows us to make better decisions, build a strong organization, and better serve all our communities. To that end, we welcome a diverse pool of applicants, and we encourage everyone to bring their authentic selves to this hiring process and to their role at Team IMPACT. Come join our amazing team!
How to Apply
Please visit our career page and attach a resume and cover letter, outlining how your skills and experience in Word or PDF format. Applications for this position will be reviewed on a rolling basis. Materials can be addressed to Amy VanRyn, National Director of Programs. Please note the role as “Matchup Specialist” where applicable.
To apply for this job please visit www.cognitoforms.com.