AfterSchool Site Coordinator
AfterSchool Site Coordinator
Website Town of Concord, MA
The Concord Recreation Department seeks enthusiastic, dedicated individuals who love working with children for our Afterschool Program. Site Coordinators are responsible for the supervision and management of school year staff at their site and students grades K-5 in the program while maintaining a classroom/group in accordance with the goals and curriculum plans of the Concord Recreation AfterSchool Program. Staff that are hired to work in the Concord Recreation Afterschool Program will have access to ongoing training, competitive compensation, and special discount rates for employee’s children. Limited benefits are available based on the number of hours per week. Full pay range: $25.00-30.00/hr; starting pay based on qualifications.
This is a 10-month school year position following the Concord Public School calendar from late August until early June. Schedule is Monday, Tuesday, Thursday and Friday 3P-6P, Wednesdays 12P-6P, excluding school vacation weeks, professional days and holiday
Applications will be accepted until the position is filled. The most highly qualified candidates will be invited to one or more interviews and/or other assessments. All applicants will be notified of their standing in the process as soon as a decision has been made regarding their individual application.
Appointment of the final candidate will be contingent upon the results of pre-placement conditions including a Background Records Check and Fingerprinting. Costs for these pre-placement requirements will be borne by the Town. The Town of Concord, MA is an EEO Employer. We value diversity and welcome candidates of all backgrounds to apply.
Human Services, Recreation Division
Childcare Services Manager
Under the supervision of the Childcare Services Manager and a Recreation Supervisor, the Site Coordinator manages one of our school age childcare sites. Site Coordinators are responsible for the supervision and management of group leaders, assistant group leaders, volunteers and students grades K-5 in the program while maintaining a classroom/group in accordance with the goals and curriculum plans of the Concord Recreation Afterschool Program.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
External and internal applicants, as well as position incumbents who become disabled as defined under the Americans With Disabilities Act, must be able to perform the essential job functions (as listed) either unaided or with the assistance of a reasonable accommodation to be determined by management on a case by case basis.
· Create an engaging environment that fosters a sense of belonging for all students and staff.
· Plan and implement curriculum, meeting the social-emotional, physical, and intellectual needs of the children based on the goals, philosophy and general curriculum plan of the AfterSchool Program.
· Manage the daily operation of the program site.
· Provide written program plans for the Recreation Supervisor and Childcare Manager, as requested.
· Ensure the health and safety of children through constant supervision, arrangement of space, proper maintenance of equipment and knowledge of emergency procedures.
· Maintain written records of individual progress, with the Group Leaders, to be reviewed annually.
· Manages daily attendance, including retrieving attendance from the school, transferring information to daily sign in sheets and tracking children not reported absent.
· Manages supplies (cleaning and curriculum) and lets the Rec Supervisor know of needs for supplies.
· Communicate with parents and other staff through daily contact, newsletters, and conferences.
· Communicates, as needed, with Concord Public School staff in absence of Rec Supervisor and Child Care Manager
· Show awareness of specific individual health plans and comply with plans, including required training (EPI pen administration, insulin pump operation, etc.).
· Monitor site staff and ensure compliance with regulations, procedures and policies.
· Assists with observation, supervision and evaluation of Group Leaders and Asst. Group Leaders
· Attend and participate in monthly staff meetings and professional development training, as required by EEC and the Childcare Manager.
· Attend conferences and workshops to achieve personal goals and promote professional growth and to meet professional development goals.
· Exhibit knowledge about and adhere to program policies and procedures, including those for emergencies, medication administration, behavior guidance, suspected abuse/neglect and referrals.
· Operate the classroom/site in compliance with EEC regulations, DOE Standards and QRIS requirements.
· Comply with personnel policies of the Town of Concord, Concord Recreation and EEC/Childcare Programs
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
· Ability to work in a high-energy environment with children grades k-5
· Working knowledge of child development and teaching strategies
Good written and oral communication skills.
RECOMMENDED MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
· Must be 20 years of age
· Must meet minimum EEC work experience and education requirements for Site Coordinator
· Bachelor Degree in Education or related field, preferred
· Must have completed EEC Essentials Training prior to start of work.
· Must comply with EEC Background Records Check regulations and Professional Qualification Registry requirements.
· Must attend staff orientation
WORKING CONDITIONS & PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
Employee is regularly required to walk, stand, sit, talk and hear. Uses hands to finger, handles, feels or operates objects, tools or controls and reaches with hands and arms as in picking up paper, files and other common office objects. Employee may infrequently lift and/or move objects weighing up to 60 pounds such as tools and supplies, etc.
Operates computer, printer, video display terminal, keyboard, calculator, telephone, copier, facsimile machine and all other standard office equipment requiring eye-hand coordination and finger dexterity. Balancing, crouching, grasping, pulling, reaching and stooping may also be required.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to do this job. The above is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities and duties required. The omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related, or a logical assignment to the position.
This job description does not constitute an employment agreement between the employer and employee, and is subject to change by the employer, as the needs of the employer and requirements of the job change.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com