BeforeSchool Group Leader
BeforeSchool Group Leader
Website Town of Concord, MA
The Concord Recreation Department seeks an enthusiastic, dedicated individual who loves working with children for our BeforeSchool Program. Candidates must have a background in education or a related field, with a degree preferred. Candidates are required to meet EEC qualifications for Group Leader. The ideal candidate is flexible, willing to work as part of team to contribute to a fun and engaging curriculum. The successful candidate will have access to ongoing training and competitive compensation and have the opportunity to enroll their age-appropriate children in our program with no tuition cost and special discounted rates for other programs. Full pay range: $17.75-25.00/hr, starting pay based on qualifications.
This is a 10-month school year position following the Concord Public School calendar from late August until early June. Schedule: M-F 7:30 – 9AM excluding school vacation weeks, professional days and holidays.
Applications will be accepted until the position is filled. The most highly qualified candidates will be invited to one or more interviews and/or other assessments. All applicants will be notified of their standing in the process as soon as a decision has been made regarding their individual application.
Appointment of the final candidate will be contingent upon the results of pre-placement conditions including a Background Records Check and Fingerprinting. Costs for these pre-placement requirements will be borne by the Town. The Town of Concord, MA is an EEO Employer. We value diversity and welcome candidates of all backgrounds to apply.
Human Services, Recreation Division
Childcare Services Manager
Under the supervision of the Childcare Services Manager and a Recreation Supervisor, Group Leaders report daily to the Site Coordinator at one of our school age childcare site. Group Leaders are responsible for the supervision and management of students grades K-5 in the program while maintaining a classroom/group in accordance with the goals and curriculum plans of the Concord Recreation BeforeSchool Program.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
External and internal applicants, as well as position incumbents who become disabled as defined under the Americans With Disabilities Act, must be able to perform the essential job functions (as listed) either unaided or with the assistance of a reasonable accommodation to be determined by management on a case by case basis.
· Create an engaging environment that fosters a sense of belonging for all students and staff.
· Implement, and assist with planning of, curriculum meeting the social-emotional, physical and intellectual needs of the children based on the goals, philosophy and general curriculum plan of the School Age Childcare Program.
· Ensure the health and safety of children through constant supervision, arrangement of space, proper maintenance of equipment and knowledge of emergency procedures.
· Communicate, when asked, with parents and other staff through daily contact,
· Attend and participate in monthly staff meetings and professional development training, as required by EEC and the Childcare Manager.
· Show awareness of specific individual health plans and comply with plans, including required training (EPI pen administration, insulin pump operation, etc.).
· Exhibit knowledge about and adhere to program policies and procedures, including those for emergencies, medication administration, suspected abuse/neglect and referrals.
· Operate the classroom/site in compliance with EEC regulations, DOE Standards and QRIS requirements.
· Comply with personnel policies of the Town of Concord, Concord Recreation and EEC/Childcare Programs
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
· Ability to work in a high-energy environment with students grades K-5.
Good written and oral communication skills.
RECOMMENDED MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
· Must be 18 years of age or have a HS diploma
· Must meet EEC work experience and education requirements for Group Leader Qualifications
· Bachelor Degree in Education or related field, preferred
· Must have completed EEC Essentials Training prior to start of work.
· Must comply with EEC Background Records Check regulations and Professional Qualification Registry requirements.
· Must attend staff orientation
WORKING CONDITIONS & PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
Employee is regularly required to walk, stand, sit, talk and hear. Uses hands to finger, handles, feels or operates objects, tools or controls and reaches with hands and arms as in picking up paper, files and other common office objects. Employee may infrequently lift and/or move objects weighing up to 60 pounds such as tools and supplies, etc.
Operates computer, printer, video display terminal, keyboard, calculator, telephone, copier, facsimile machine and all other standard office equipment requiring eye-hand coordination and finger dexterity. Balancing, crouching, grasping, pulling, reaching and stooping may also be required.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to do this job. The above is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities and duties required. The omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related, or a logical assignment to the position.
This job description does not constitute an employment agreement between the employer and employee, and is subject to change by the employer, as the needs of the employer and requirements of the job change.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com