Office Assistant- Recreation Department
Office Assistant- Recreation Department
Website Town of Concord, MA
The Concord Recreation Department is hiring part-time Office Assistants to fill multiple shifts at the Beede Swim and Fitness Center and Hunt Recreation Center. Office Assistants will provide exceptional customer service to patrons in person, on the phone, and via email in fast-paced and exciting work environments. Currently seeking to fill the following shifts: Full pay range: $15.75-26.50. Starting hourly rate is based on qualifications and typically in the first half of the range.
· 2nd and 4th weekends each month, Saturday and/or Sunday 6:45am-12:30pm at the Beede Swim and Fitness Center
· 2nd and 4th weekends each month, Saturday and/or Sunday 12:15pm-6:00pm at the Beede Swim and Fitness Center
· Monday-Friday, 3:15-6:15P at the Hunt Recreation Center
The Concord Recreation Department’s mission is to support and promote community through wellness and play. Our experienced team of employees is proud to serve as regional leaders in municipal recreation services offering innovative and expansive programs and events year-round for people of all ages, abilities, and backgrounds. Employees of the Recreation Department are eligible to receive free memberships to the Beede Swim and Fitness Center, significant discounts to childcare programs including camp and preschool, as well as generous discounts to year-round program offerings.
These positions are open until filled, with priority consideration for applications received by September 1, 2023. All applications will be reviewed and the most highly qualified candidates will be invited to one or more interviews and/or other assessments. Applicants will be notified of their standing in the process as soon as a decision has been made regarding their individual application.
Appointment of the final candidate will be contingent upon the results of pre-placement conditions including criminal and credit record checks and a drug screening. Costs for these pre-placement requirements will be borne by the Town.
The Town of Concord, MA is EEO Employer. We value diversity and welcome candidates of all backgrounds to apply.
Under the general supervision of the Assistant Recreation Director or their designee, the Office Assistant performs routine clerical, secretarial, and administrative work in answering telephones, receiving the public, providing customer assistance, data processing, and record-keeping. The Office Assistant is called upon to handle a significant amount of details, each varying in substance and content, requiring the individual to approach the workload with flexibility.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
External and internal applicants, as well as position incumbents who are or become disabled as defined under the Americans With Disabilities Act, must be able to perform the essential job functions (as listed) either unaided or with the assistance of a reasonable accommodation to be determined by management on a case by case basis.
· Serve as a receptionist at one of the Recreation Division facilities including the Hunt Recreation Center and Beede Swim and Fitness Center.
· Acts as the first point of contact for public inquiries regarding Recreation Department programs, memberships, and services.
· Responds to customer inquiries on the telephone, by email, or in person with accurate and organized information and directions.
· Directs queries to other staff members and/or other sources of information as appropriate.
· Complete program and membership registrations using MyRec software for walk-in and/or call-in customers.
· Reconciles register at the end of each day and records details of Department deposits in an appropriate spreadsheet(s), maintaining the accuracy of the database.
· Processes and routes incoming mail, responding appropriately to matters not requiring the personal attention of management.
· Responsible for assuring that Recreation literature and booklets are neatly displayed, hangs marketing materials as requested.
· May perform other basic office functions such as greeting visitors; typing correspondence, memorandums, and meeting notices; filing; maintaining records and databases; photocopying; scheduling; etc.
· Assists other Recreation Department staff as needed, performing tasks at their request.
· Performs special projects and related responsibilities as initiated and requested.
· Performs other related duties as required, directed or as the situation dictates.
· Regular attendance at the workplace is required.
RECOMMENDED MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS:
· High school education; additional education or training in clerical field preferred.
· Strong background in customer service.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
· Excellent interpersonal skills; ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing; ability to effectively deal with all members of the public in a courteous and tactful manner; ability to establish and maintain good working relationships with coworkers.
· Working knowledge of office procedures, practices and terminology.
· Ability to work with a high level of detail, to prioritize multiple tasks, and to deal effectively with interruptions; ability to change direction and rearrange tasks according to deadlines and circumstances.
WORKING CONDITIONS & PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
External and internal applicants, as well as position incumbents who are or become disabled as defined under the Americans With Disabilities Act, must be able to perform the physical demands (as listed) either unaided or with the assistance of a reasonable accommodation to be determined by management on a case by case basis.
Normal office environment, not subject to extreme variations of temperature, noise, odors, etc. Majority of work is performed in a moderately noisy work environment, with constant interruptions. Frequently subjected to the demands of other individuals and the volume and /or rapidity with which tasks must be accomplished.
Operates computer, printer, keyboard, calculator, telephone, copier, and all other standard office equipment requiring eye-hand coordination and finger dexterity. Balancing, crouching, grasping, pulling, reaching and stooping may also be required.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to do this job. The above is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities and duties required. The omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related, or a logical assignment to the position.
This job description does not constitute an employment agreement between the employer and employee, and is subject to change by the employer, as the needs of the employer and requirements of the job change.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com