Website Town of Concord, MA
The Town of Concord is seeking individuals with experience in video production to create, produce and edit programming for Concord’s PEG Access Station. Good communication and interpersonal skills required. Experience with live event camera operation, multimedia news production, and/or Bachelor’s degree in related field preferred. Various shifts available; up to 18 hours/week. Must be able to work nights or weekends. Driver’s license and use of own vehicle required. Videographers will have the opportunity to sign up for available assignments week to week. Starting pay range: $15.00 – $25.00 per hour, depending on qualifications.
Applications will be accepted until the position is filled. The most highly qualified candidates will be invited to one or more interviews and/or other assessments. All applicants will be notified of their standing in the process as soon as a decision has been made regarding their individual application.
Appointment of the final candidate will be contingent upon the results of pre-placement conditions including a criminal and motor vehicle record check, a physical exam, and a drug screen. Costs of these pre-placement requirements will be borne by the Town. We value diversity and welcome candidates of all backgrounds to apply. EOE
Under the functional oversight of the Media Manager, the Project Specialist-Videographer creates, produces and edits programming for the Public-Education-Government (PEG) Cable Access Stations for the Towns of Concord and Carlisle known as Minuteman Media Network.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
External and internal applicants, as well as position incumbents who become disabled as defined under the Americans With Disabilities Act, must be able to perform the essential job functions (as listed) either unaided or with the assistance of a reasonable accommodation to be determined by management on a case by case basis.
- Works with other Town staff, community stakeholders and volunteers to create content.
Assists community producers in all aspects of studio, field production and editing to high production standards.
- Acts as a technician for live and recorded field and studio productions.
- Videotapes government meetings, events and other projects as needed.
- Produces Outreach Programs (PSAs, Holiday Greetings, Community Notices).
- Aids in the maintenance of equipment.
- Performs other related duties as required, directed or as the situation dictates.
- Availability to work on-site as needed.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE & SPECIAL REQUIREMENTS:
- Experience with video production required.
- Valid motor vehicle operator’s license and use of own vehicle for transportation during working hours.
- Preferred qualifications: Previous experience operating a camera in a live event environment, experience with multimedia news production (including film production and graphic design), and/or Bachelor’s degree in broadcasting, communication, TV production, journalism, or related field.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILL & ABILITIES:
- Knowledge of how to operate a camera under various conditions.
- Knowledge of editing practices and editing software a plus
- Organized, self-motivated, and can work well under pressure with fast turnaround times.
- Good interpersonal skills.
- Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing. Ability to communicate tactfully with the public, co-workers, other employees, departments, officials and other agencies.
- Ability to work nights or weekends required.
- Ability to complete research in order to find news stories and upcoming events that are relevant to the area as well as topics of interest to the community is a positive.
- An understanding of Concord and Carlisle is a plus but not required.
WORKING CONDITIONS & PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
Employee is regularly required to walk, stoop, sit, talk and hear; uses hands to finger, handles, feels or operates objects, tools or controls, and reaches with hands and arms as in picking up paper, books and other common office objects. Vision and hearing at or correctable to normal ranges.
Administrative work is performed in a normal office environment, not subject to extreme variations of temperature, noise, odors, etc. Video production and content creation may be conducted outdoors or in areas subject to variations in temperature, weather, and accessibility.
Ability to climb ladders, change light fixtures and/or mounted equipment; must be able to lift and carry up to fifty (50) pounds. Ability to operate video production and electronic equipment.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to do this job. The above is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities and duties required. The omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related, or a logical assignment to the position.
This job description does not constitute an employment agreement between the employer and employee, and is subject to change by the employer, as the needs of the employer.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org