Associate Director of Advancement
Associate Director of Advancement
YW Boston works to eliminate racism, empower women and promote peace, justice, freedom and dignity for all. YW Boston is at the vanguard of thought leadership on issues at the intersection of race and gender, helping organizations create more inclusive environments where women, people of color, and in particular, women of color can succeed.
YW Boston invests in our internal culture, including our own racial equity practices. We seek candidates that thrive in adaptive organizations, are comfortable working amidst organizational change, and are excited about helping YW Boston deepen its impact in Boston.
People, Collaboration, Liberation, Courage, Shared Leadership
General Statement of Duties
The Associate Director of Advancement, working closely with the Vice President of Advancement, the Advancement Associate, and oversee all annual giving activities in an effort to expand YW Boston’s donor base and increase revenue streams through corporate sponsors and individuals. Primary responsibilities will include the following areas: donor cultivation, solicitation and stewardship, management and execution of events including securing venues, sponsors, creating run of show, managing event committees, fund analysis, and all things related to the management of external fundraising, awareness raising and cultivation events.
The Associate Director will report to the Vice President of Advancement.
The successful Associate Director of Advancement will achieve the following outcomes:
- Increased revenue and participation in fundraising events
- Smooth execution of YW events that further our work as thought leaders in the community
- Increased revenue through individual donors, by both retaining current donors and helping acquire new donors
- Work with Vice President of Advancement to develop an annual development plan and strategy with relevant, realistic goals relating to annual fund and fundraising events
- Work with Vice President of Advancement and President and CEO to strategically increase new donor base and annual revenue streams through personal solicitation, direct mail, online appeals, and fundraising events
- Work with the Director of Marketing and Communications on email marketing and social media around individual giving, events, and sponsorships
- Strategize, and work with marketing staff to help design and execute high impact annual fund campaigns; work will include segmenting and targeting constituencies, solicitations, managing vendors, ensuring timely mailing and/or social media appeals
- Draft compelling language for digital and hard copy annual fund campaigns and donor communications
- Help to expand and steward specific giving groups specifically Persimmon donors and working with Leadership Services team to support LeadBoston alumni giving
- Help set and manage realistic goals, calendars and budgets for fundraising events
- Create and manage task lists, calendars, and budgets for fundraising events and campaigns
- Plan and manage all aspects of annual Academy of Women Achievers Luncheon, including working with the Vice President of Advancement and volunteers on securing sponsorships to managing the nomination process
- Serve as liaison between YW and Academy of Women Achievers Awardees with a goal of increasing alumnae engagement
- Work with the Vice President of Advancement to manage event sponsorship activation including creating sponsor benefits, researching potential sponsors, renewing and upgrading previous sponsors, and soliciting sponsors
- Work with the Vice President of Advancement to manage external Academy of Women Achievers Host Committee, duties include securing committee members, management of committee meetings, assisting committee members in achieving their ‘give or get’ financial commitment through sponsorship solicitation
- Manage logistical aspects of additional fundraising and stewardship events including securing sponsorships, selecting and booking a venue, outreach and invitation process, manage budget, and all day-of responsibilities
- 6+ years of relevant experience
- Demonstrated commitment to YW Boston’s mission to promote racial, gender and social equity
- Results-oriented and driven, with an entrepreneurial approach to fundraising and problem-solving
- Strong organizational, management and systems skills, with excellent writing and speaking ability
- A high level of computer skills, including proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint required; Salesforce experience a plus
- A professional and resourceful style with the ability to work independently and as a team player; ability to take initiative and manage multiple tasks and projects
- An affable and compassionate nature with a good sense of humor
- Openness to learning and willingness to give and receive feedback
Additional Organization Responsibilities
- Adhere to organization policies and procedures for maintaining organizational culture and transparency, including use of regularly scheduled progress meetings with supervisor, team meetings, scheduling, e-mail and other communications platforms
- Positively represent the organization in all interactions with the public
- Support YW Boston advancement through participation in education, outreach, cultivation and stewardship efforts
- Participate in organization events and perform additional tasks assigned by supervisor and/or President & CEO
Salary and Benefits
This is a full-time, exempt position. Annual salary range is $80,000-$90,000. Salary scales are set according to an explicit compensation policy, and relevant market data is analyzed when setting ranges for each role. To ensure internal parity, YW Boston will analyze the candidate’s overall number of years of experience as well as relevant experience pertaining to the position and in comparison with staff in the same job group to make the offer salary. Because salary ranges are small and the internal parity review is thorough, offers are firm.
YW Boston provides employees a comprehensive benefits package, including generous paid time off, flexible work schedule, medical, dental, and vision insurance, flexible spending accounts, life insurance, long-term and short-term disability insurance, accidental death, and a 403(b) retirement savings plan.
How to apply
YW Boston is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer and encourages applications from all qualified individuals without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, disability, or veteran status, or to other non-work-related factors.
Applicants must be legally authorized to work in the U.S. At this time, YW Boston is not able to offer employment visa sponsorships. For applicants living outside of Massachusetts, YW Boston does not cover any relocation expenses. There be a few times during the year when the organization will require staff to be in person for events and travel expenses are expected to be covered by employees. YW Boston requires all employees to be fully vaccinated and boosted per YW Boston’s COVID-19 policy.
YW Boston strongly encourages candidates from diverse backgrounds and experiences. We recognize that people from structurally marginalized groups often only apply to jobs if they meet 100% of the qualifications, despite the reality that applicants rarely ever meet 100% of the qualifications. If this position aligns with your experience and interests, please apply!
Send a resume detailing relevant experience to firstname.lastname@example.org. A cover letter is not required but a plus. Please place the subject title “Associate Director of Advancement” in the headline of your email. No phone calls, please. We will be accepting applications on a rolling basis until the position is filled.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com