Marketing and Communications Manager
Marketing and Communications Manager
YW Boston works to eliminate racism, empower women and promote peace, justice, freedom and dignity for all. YW Boston is at the vanguard of thought leadership on issues at the intersection of race and gender, helping organizations create more inclusive environments where women, people of color, and in particular, women of color can succeed.
YW Boston invests in our internal culture, including our own racial equity practices. We seek candidates that thrive in adaptive organizations, are comfortable working amidst organizational change, and are excited about helping YW Boston deepen its impact in Boston.
People, Collaboration, Liberation, Courage, Shared Leadership
General Statement of Duties
The Marketing and Communications Manager will work closely with the Director of Marketing and Communications to increase the profile of YW Boston in our community, encompassing all areas of marketing including multimedia communications, public relations, print, digital, social media, and the website. The Manager will work with colleagues, senior managers, and program staff from across the organization to help meet organizational goals in accordance to the strategic direction for marketing and communications.
The Marketing and Communications Manager will report to the Director of Marketing and Communications.
The successful Marketing and Communications Manager will achieve the following outcomes:
- Execute communications and marketing strategy established by YW Boston’s Leadership Team and the Director of Marketing and Communications to advance the mission
- Continue to expand YW Boston’s audience and increase awareness of our work and programs
- Create content and collateral to support the growth of fundraising and program revenues
- Support collaboration between Marketing & Communications team and other departments within the organization to support YW Boston’s mission and organizational goals
- Work closely with Director of Marketing and Communications and Marketing Associate to support communications, managing YW Boston website, creating content for editorial calendars, marketing emails, creating press releases, speech writing and other executive communications, and other projects as appropriate
- Produce different forms of marketing content, including writing and design; such as print materials, digital materials, video, event promotion materials, reports, marketing emails, copywriting, social media content, and advertising communications for YW Boston
- Assist Director of Marketing and Communications in development of organizational and programmatic elements for special events from inception through promotion, media coverage, and cultivation
- Understand organization’s audience and assess communication effectiveness through data analytics
- Develop fundraising collateral with guidance and input from the fund development team. This includes but is not limited to event collateral such as invitations, sponsorship packets, program books, remarks, as well as helping to write appeal letters and an annual report
- Support YW Boston programs and Advocacy Committee by executing strategies that help programs meet their engagement and enrollment goals. This includes but is not limited to social media campaigns, email campaigns, digital and print materials, event coverage, content creation, community outreach, and project management
- Collaborate with Marketing Associate and serve as project leader on certain marketing and communications projects
- Train and support staff across the organization, as needed, on Communications and Marketing skills such as: Email marketing (Pardot), WordPress, use of design templates, creating editorial calendars, and so on
Specific qualifications include:
- Demonstrated commitment to YW Boston’s mission to promote racial, gender and social equity
- 5 years of experience in marketing and communications role
- Experience with implementation of a marketing strategy, including integrated communications across different channels; digital and print, paid, earned, and owned media
- Excellent writing and superb verbal communication skills. Three long-form writing samples, which can include newsletters, blog post, OpEds, executive communications or white papers, are required
- Familiarity with graphic design best practices and some graphic design experience is required (Adobe Creative Suite or Canva)
- Strong organizational skills and demonstrated project management experience
- Excellent customer service and vendor management skills
- Must be able to manage a variety of projects with different timelines, exhibit flexibility in re-prioritizing, manage internal and external relationships in collaborative projects, take direction well in addition to taking initiative to work independently
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite, such as Word, Excel, and Power Point
- Experience with a range of social media platforms, marketing analytics tools, and email marketing management
- Able to travel within the Greater Boston area occasionally for special events
- A passion for innovation, curiosity, and knowledge, including willingness to pursue independent learning, responsibility over self-taught skills, and seeking feedback
- Non-profit experience and familiarity with social justice work is desirable but not required
- Public relations experience
- Experience communicating persuasively about social justice issues to a variety of audiences
- Experience with web design, web development, HTML, and/or WordPress management
- Familiarity with Adobe InDesign
- Familiarity with Salesforce or similar databases and CRMs
- Experience with Pardot or email marketing platforms
Additional Organization Responsibilities
- Adhere to organization policies and procedures for maintaining organizational culture and transparency, including use of regularly scheduled progress meetings with Director of Marketing and Communications, Team meetings, scheduling, e-mail and other communications platforms
- Positively represent the organization in all interactions with the public
- Support YW Boston fund development through participation in education, outreach, cultivation and stewardship efforts
- Participate in organization events and perform additional tasks assigned by the Director of Marketing and Communications and/or President & CEO
Salary and Benefits:
This is a full-time, exempt position. Annual salary range is $63,500-$68,750. Compensation is based on the overall number of years of experience as well as relevant experience to the position. Salary scales are set according to an explicit compensation policy, and relevant market data is analyzed when setting ranges for each role.
YW Boston provides employees a generous benefits package, including generous paid time off, medical and dental insurance, flexible spending accounts, flexible schedule options, life insurance, long-term and short-term disability insurance, accidental death, and a 403(b) retirement savings plan.
How to apply:
YW Boston is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer, and encourages applications from all qualified individuals without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, disability, or veteran status, or to other non-work-related factors. Applicants must be legally authorized to work in the U.S. At this time, YW Boston is not able to offer employment VISA sponsorships.
YW Boston strongly encourages candidates from diverse backgrounds and experiences. We recognize that people from structurally marginalized groups often only apply to jobs if they meet 100% of the qualifications, despite the reality that applicants rarely ever meet 100% of the qualifications. If this position aligns with your experience and interests, please apply!
Diverse candidates strongly encouraged to apply. Send a cover letter, a resume, and three long-form writing samples, which can include newsletters, blog post, OpEds, executive communications or white papers to email@example.com. Please place the subject title “Marketing and Communications Manager” in the headline of your email. No phone calls, please.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org