YW Boston works to eliminate racism, empower women and promote peace, justice, freedom and dignity for all. YW Boston is at the vanguard of thought leadership on issues at the intersection of race and gender, helping organizations create more inclusive environments where women, people of color, and in particular, women of color can succeed.
YW Boston invests in our internal culture, including our own racial equity practices. We seek candidates that thrive in adaptive organizations, are comfortable working amidst organizational change, and are excited about helping YW Boston deepen its impact in Boston.
People, Collaboration, Liberation, Courage, Shared Leadership
General Statement of Duties
InclusionBoston is the arm of YW Boston that advances diversity, equity, and inclusion by partnering with organizations to create sustainable and equitable organizational change. The Manager will develop and implement high quality and responsive services by proactively engaging partners with their needs to create more inclusive workplace environments. This includes in-person and virtual workshops and dialogue-based sessions targeted at specific inclusion and equity-based goals.
The Manager will report to the Director of InclusionBoston.
The successful InclusionBoston Manager will achieve the following outcomes:
- Through stakeholder engagement and business development strategies, build successful and lasting relationships with partner organizations
- Aggressively and proactively pursue program goals
- Act as a lead facilitator, organizational development coach, and thought leader, internally and externally, on a variety of diversity, inclusion, and equity topics
- Evaluate partner needs, customize program deliverables, and manage delivery of services
- Regularly assess, measure, and evaluate client progress through a data driven approach and communicate impact
- Use outcomes, partner feedback, and latest best practices to inform program development
- Ensure that InclusionBoston programming aligns with YW Boston’s Theory of Change and best practices in working with organizations to create more inclusive institutions
- Contribute to achieve or exceed InclusionBoston program goals and outcomes
- Collaborate with InclusionBoston team to strengthen curriculum for InclusionBoston services
- Facilitate InclusionBoston sessions and YW Boston workshops in partner organizations
- Support coaching organizations through development and completion of actions to improve equity and inclusion
- Achieve performance goals through coaching, goal setting, staff development, and evaluation
- Work collaboratively with Partnerships team, and other staff to develop partnerships and deliver InclusionBoston’s services
- Provide excellent customer service to partner organizations and individual participants
The InclusionBoston Manager must have excellent facilitation skills and an ability to coach others. Successful candidates will have a passion for achieving racial and gender equity within organizations and for creating inclusive organizations. They will be intellectually curious, quick learners, effective communicators, active listeners, and strong relationship builders.
Specific qualifications include:
- Excellent facilitation skills, 5+ years facilitating conversations on race, racism, gender equity, diversity, and inclusion preferred
- Demonstrated commitment to YW Boston’s mission to promote racial, gender and social equity
- Knowledge of diversity, inclusion, and equity with a focus on racial justice and intersectionality, with a preference for an understanding of how these topics impact Greater Boston specifically
- Ability to coach others and to turn conflict into learning
- The drive to reach goals and resiliency when setbacks occur
- Strong communication and organization skills
- Openness to learning and willingness to give and receive feedback
Additional Organization Responsibilities
- Adhere to organization policies and procedures for maintaining organizational culture and transparency, including use of regularly scheduled progress meetings with Director of InclusionBoston, Team meetings, scheduling, e-mail and other communications platforms
- Positively represent the organization in all interactions with the public
- Support YW Boston fund development through participation in education, outreach, cultivation and stewardship efforts
- Participate in organization events and perform additional tasks assigned by the Director of InclusionBoston and/or President & CEO
Salary and Benefits
This is a full-time, exempt position. Annual salary (or hourly rate) range is $67,000-$72,500. Salary scales are set according to an explicit compensation policy, and relevant market data is analyzed when setting ranges for each role. To ensure internal parity, YW Boston will analyze the overall number of years of experience as well as relevant experience pertaining to the position of the candidate and in comparison with staff in the same job group to make the offer salary. Because salary ranges are small and the internal parity review is thorough, offers are firm.
YW Boston provides employees a generous benefits package, including generous paid time off, medical and dental insurance, flexible spending accounts, flexible schedule options, life insurance, long-term and short-term disability insurance, accidental death, and a 403(b) retirement savings plan.
How to apply
YW Boston is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer, and encourages applications from all qualified individuals without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, disability, or veteran status, or to other non-work-related factors.
Applicants must be legally authorized to work in the U.S. At this time, YW Boston is not able to offer employment VISA sponsorships. For applicants living outside of Massachusetts, YW Boston does not cover any relocation expenses. YW Boston requires all employees to be fully vaccinated per YW Boston’s COVID-19 policy.
YW Boston strongly encourages candidates from diverse backgrounds and experiences. We recognize that people from structurally marginalized groups often only apply to jobs if they meet 100% of the qualifications, despite the reality that applicants rarely ever meet 100% of the qualifications. If this position aligns with your experience and interests, please apply!
Please send a cover letter and a resume to firstname.lastname@example.org and place the subject title “InclusionBoston Manager” in the headline of your email. No phone calls, please.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com